Ingredients For Aloo Tikki recipe
- 3 Potato, mashed
- 1 cup Boiled Peas
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon mango powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- oil, for frying
Instruction for Aloo tikki recipe
- Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles, then take them from the water as soon as the pressure is released.
- in a large mixing bowl take boiled and grated potatoes and boiled peas
- and add 1 chili, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, ¼teaspoon turmeric, and ½teaspoon chili powder.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon mango powder, 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala, 1/2 teaspoon black salt, and 1/2 salt. add 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves.
- Mash them all together with your hands and add cornflour. Mix well to make a soft dough
- Grease your hands with oil and form tikkis into balls.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a tawa, or frying pan over medium heat. Place the tikki gently in the pan and begin to pan-fry them.
- In small batches, shallow fried the potato tikki over low-medium heat. While shallow frying, gently presses the tikki to ensure equal cooking on all sides.
- Do not keep flipping the tikki. Allow it to crisp on one side before flipping and cooking on the other. Once cooked, strain the mixture through a metal colander or sieve.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or dhaniya chutney, if desired.
Tips and variation
- Make sure to grate the potatoes rather than mash them. This is to ensure that the potato dough is smooth and free of lumps.
- Always fry potato tikki over low-medium heat to get the perfect color and crisp texture
- aloo tikki recipe tastes great when served hot and crispy.
- When making aloo tikki for a fast, use buckwheat flour or water chestnut flour. Instead of normal salt, use rock salt.
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Methi Matar Malai recipe
- How to make chenna
- Handi Paneer Recipe
- ‘Black Lentils Recipe
- Til laddu recipe (til ke laddu)