Amla candy is an another form of Amla Murabba (Sweet Amla Pickle). You can store this tasty candy and eat it any time. If the bitter taste of amla was keeping you from including it in your diet, then you must try this amla candy, which is a perfect blend of sweet and sour flavour.
Amla candy is easily available in supermarkets these days. This is a great way of having amla daily without going to buy it fresh. Making this at home is pretty easy and it has no preservatives in it. Amla candy is quite easy to make and it can be made either sweet or spicy masala candy
Amla contains many nutrients, it is abundant with Vitamin C and is beneficial for our body no matter in what form it is eaten. It strengthens our digestive system and it increases the resistance power of our body. It is also used in the making of many herbal medicines. Eating Amla regularly will help you maintain good health.
Amla also have anti aging properties so it should be consumed daily by everyone ,it is good for children as well as old people so people of all age group can use it on moderation every day.
Lets make this yummy amla candy
- 1 kg Indian Gooseberry /amla
- 700 grams Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp black pepper / Kali Mirch (optional)
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak (optional)
- 1 tsp Amchur powder (optional)
Boil a glass of water in a pressure cooker
Add the washed amlas in it and pressure cook for a whistle on medium heat.
- Put these Amlas in a strainer and when they become cold,
- Remove the seed from them. Break them into their natural flakes. If they are hard, they need to be steamed or boiled further.
- Put the pieces of Amla in another utensil and pour around 650 gms of sugar so that it covers the Amlas.
- Keep the utensil for a day. Powder the remaining 50 gm sugar.
- Next day you will find that the sugar has turned into a syrup and Amla pieces are floating in this sugar.
- Stir it and cover and keep aside for 2 days
After 3rd day all the amlas will sink in the bottom of the bowl after absorbing the sugar syrup.
- Now sieve these pieces from syrup and put them in Sunlight to dry.
- After drying ,take amlas in a bowl and sprinkle about 3 tbsp of powdered sugar on it and mix properly to coat well
- If you want to make the Amla Candy spicier, mix 1 small spoon of black salt, 1 spoon of black pepper and 1 spoon of Amchur powder with the refined sugar before you coat the Amlas.
- Store this in a dry jar. You can enjoy this daily.
You can use the Amla syrup in the summer to make tasty cool drinks. Thicken it up by stirring it over a flame for a little while. When it becomes cold then strain it into an air tight container of plastic or glass. If you like Amla murabba or chutney, then you will love the Sharbat too.
Tips to make best Amla Candy recipe
- The candy can be stored in the refrigerator or in a cool, dry place.
- Depending on the weather, you make keep the amla in sugar for a day or 2.
- If you make it with less sugar then it will be less moist.
|Vitamin A||25 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
Follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube