Amla Murabba is very delicious. It is very beneficial for health. It’s rich in iron and vitamin c. Amla is available in the market easily So it makes a lot of sense to make a batch of this preserve when the fruit is in season, because you can easily store it for more than a couple of months.
there are several methods to make Amla Murabba recipe. i have tried the easiest way. learn how to make amla murraba step by step by reading the article below
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry) – 500 g
- Jaggery – 1 kg
- Cardamom – 8 to 10 (peel and grind)
- Black pepper – 1 small spoon
- Black Salt – 1 small spoon
- Fitcari – half spoon
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AMLA MURABBA
- wash the amlas and Poke the amlas with a fork.
- Put 1 liter water in a utensil and heat it. After the water boils, add the amlas along with fitcari (alum) and turn off the burner. Keep the utensil covered for 10 minutes.
- Take out the amlas and keep them in a filter so that the water seeps away.
- Heat jaggery in a thick-bottomed pan, till jaggery dissolves completely and forms a syrup of one string consistency.
- Add amla and continue to cook. Add crushed black cardamom seeds, black salt and black pepper
- Continue to cook, uncovered, on low heat till the mixture is thick and translucent.
- Cool and store in airtight jars.
FULL DETAILED VIDEO
|other||iron 51.2 mg|
HELPFUL TIPS FOR MAKING AMLA MURABBA
- Use a dry air-tight container to store the murabba
- Use a dry spoon to remove the murabba from the air-tight container to prevent it from spoiling
- The consistency of the syrup in murabba should be like honey.
- Ensure that the amla is completely immersed in the syrup while it is stored
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube