The Badam shake or badam milkshake recipe is made with soaked almonds, milk, sugar, and custard powder. A tasty, creamy, and refreshing badam shake is an ideal beverage for the hot summer season.
The thick, tasty, cool Almond Shake is one of the most popular summer drinks for Indians. The thick drink, laced with Saffron and garnished with soaked Almond chips is a drink that you can gulp down by glasses.
Badam Shake is a popular street food recipe. In fact, it should have some Castor powder added too but the street food version has custard powder and Almond chips. I am making a healthy, street-food-style recipe.
With just a few blanched almonds and chilled milk, you can make this tasty badam shake in minutes. Fancy a glass of badam shake with a scoop of almond ice cream? Read on how to make the best almond milkshake at home below!
Serve this shake chilled with a scoop of almond or vanilla ice cream for a real treat!
- 2 cups full-fat milk
- 10-12 almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar or add as per taste
- 2 teaspoon custard powder
- Pinch of saffron (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 scoops vanilla or almond ice cream optional, more for serving
- Soak 10- 12 almonds in water for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Peel and discard the skin. Add it into the grinding jar along with ¼ cup of milk.
- blend to a smooth paste.
- In a thick bottom kadhai, Boil Milk on a medium flame.
- Boil the milk until it is reduced to a quarter.
- When the milk starts to boil, lower the flame to medium and keep stirring the milk.
- Meanwhile, take 4-5 tablespoons of milk in a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of custard powder to it. Make sure the milk is at room temperature.
- Mix it to form a lump-free paste. set aside.
- After that, add the almond paste to the boiling milk and stir continuously.
- Also, add custard powder mix, ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder, and a pinch of saffron.
- Mix everything very well.
- Further, add 5 teaspoons of sugar and let it boil until it becomes as thick. You can add sugar as per your taste.
- After 5-7 minutes, turn off the flame and Keep the thick Almond Shake in the freezer for two hours.
- After that Remove and blend on high speed for 30-40 seconds.
- Add The badam shake to the serving glass and Serve!!
- You can serve a badam shake topped with ice cream.
- Use full-fat milk to make the badam shake.
- Grind the almond very fine.
- Also, you can add ice cubes while serving the badam shake.
- You can add chopped cashew and pistachio to it.
- You can just skip the ice cream or Instead of ice cream, you can also add 2 tablespoons whipped cream or fresh creamy, for the creamy texture.
- Chocolate: Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup to the classic Badam Shake recipe. Blend it along with the other ingredients to get a delicious chocolate-flavored Badam Shake.
- Banana: Add 1 ripe banana to the classic Badam Shake recipe. Blend it with the other ingredients for a creamy and nutritious shake.
- Rose: Add 1-2 tablespoons of rose water or rose syrup to the classic Badam Shake recipe. Blend it along with the other ingredients for a fragrant and refreshing shake.
- Coffee: Dissolve 1-2 teaspoons of instant coffee powder in a little warm milk. Add it to the classic Badam Shake recipe while blending to create a coffee-flavored Badam Shake.
- Pistachio: Add a handful of pistachios along with the almonds in the classic Badam Shake recipe. Blend them together to get a nutty and rich shake.
Q: Can I use store-bought almond milk instead of making my own almond paste?
A: Yes, you can use store-bought almond milk as a substitute for homemade almond paste. However, using homemade almond paste will give a richer and creamier texture to the Badam Shake.
Q: Can I use any type of milk for the shake?
A: Yes, you can use any type of milk based on your preference. Dairy milk, such as whole milk or skim milk, works well. Additionally, you can use plant-based milk options like almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk.
Q: Can I make a vegan version of the Badam Shake?
A: Yes, you can easily make a vegan Badam Shake by using plant-based milk (such as almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk) and sweeteners like agave syrup, maple syrup, or any other vegan-friendly sweetener.
Q: Can I store the Badam Shake in the refrigerator?
A: It’s best to consume the Badam Shake immediately after preparing it to enjoy its freshness and flavor. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for a few hours. Stir well before serving, as the shake may separate upon refrigeration.
Q: Can I serve Badam Shake as a dessert?
A: Yes, It can be served as a dessert or a refreshing drink. You can also garnish it with chopped almonds, pistachios, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it more indulgent.
Indulge in the heavenly flavors and numerous benefits of our Badam Shake recipe. This delightful blend of almonds and milk not only quenches your thirst but also nourishes your body from within. So, whether you’re looking for a refreshing beverage on a scorching day or a nutritious drink to kick-start your morning, our Badam Shake is the answer.
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Methi Matar Malai recipe
- How to make Chenna
- Handi Paneer Recipe
- ‘Black Lentils Recipe
- Til laddu recipe (til ke laddu)