The besan halwa recipe or besan ka halwa recipe is enhanced with the goodness of gram flour, which is roasted along with ghee and cooked in a cardamom-flavored sugar syrup to bring out the melt-in-your-mouth texture and taste. Finally, the besan halwa recipe or besan ka halwa recipe tastes fantastic when cooked with ghee and milk.
Ingredients for Besan Halwa
- 250-gram Gram flour (besan)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Almond and pistachio slivers for garnishing
- water as needed
Instructions for Besan Halwa
- Ghee is heated at medium heat in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Once the ghee has melted, add the chickpea flour and cook, stirring constantly to prevent the flour from burning at the bottom of the pan, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it is dark brown and fragrant. The color of the final halwa will depend on how well you have toasted the flour. You want the flour to be dark brown in color but not burn it. It changes from wonderfully browned to scorched in a few seconds. So while roasting it, pay special attention.
- Water and milk should be added to the skillet after the chickpea flour has been well-toasted. Cook until the liquid is absorbed by the flour, stirring continually.
- In the pan, combine sugar and cardamom powder now.
- Ghee should start to separate from the pan’s sides after 5 to 6 minutes of cooking. Stir continuously while cooking.
- Once finished, add almond and pistachio slivers as a garnish and serve immediately.
For optimal flavor, serve hot. If you prefer, decorate with shaved pistachio, almonds, or shredded coconut.
Instead of water use 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of water and keep Halwa a little thicker. Place the halwa on a plate that has been oiled, keeping it about 1/2 inch thick. Allow it to cool for about 30 minutes before garnishing it with coconut shreds, pistachios, or almond shavings. Cut the Halwa in square or diamond shapes like burfi.
- In order to prevent the halwa from tasting raw, first roast the besan on a low flame.
- You can also use water instead of milk if you want to keep it for a longer period of time.
- Additionally, add dry fruits of your choice to make them more beautiful.
Finally, the besan halwa recipe or besan ka halwa recipe tastes fantastic when cooked with ghee and milk.