Bread Pizza is a quick, instant, and tasty variation of a pizza recipe made on a griddle or tawa, or pan. The bread base mimics the pizza base with veggie toppings. Of course, the taste of bread pizza is different than the original Veg Pizza.
Bread pizza is one of the quickest and easiest recipes to make at home using bread, cheese and veggies for dinner or afternoon snacks. It’s the innovative version of traditional pizza as it has a similar look and same toppings but has a different pizza base.
it is a perfect evening snack that can be made within minutes and also an ideal recipe to finish any leftover bread slices. If you have bread slices, pizza sauce (or tomato ketchup), your choice of toppings and cheese then it hardly takes 15-20 minutes to satisfy your pizza cravings.
In this post I am sharing two super easy ways to make bread pizza – Bread Pizza made on a skillet, pan, or tawa and Veggie Bread Pizza made in the oven.
Ingredients For bread pizza Recipe (skillet, pan, or tawa)
- 4 nos bread slices
- 3 tablespoons Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato finely chopped
- mozzarella cheese (grated)
- chilli flakes
- mixed herbs/oregano
- 6 Olives, sliced, optional
For instant pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs/oregano
Instructions For bread pizza Recipe (skillet, pan, or tawa)
- To make instant pizza sauce: add all the ingredients listed under ‘for pizza sauce’ to a bowl and mix well.
- Make sure everything is well combined. pizza sauce is ready. keep aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a tawa or a frying pan over a low-medium flame.
- Place bread slice on it. You can keep 1 to 2 bread slices at a time depending on the size of the tawa or pan.
- Toast it until bottom surface turns light golden brown. Make sure that the bottom surface doesn’t turn dark brown.
- When the bottom surface turns light golden brown, flip each slice
- Now spread 2 tsp of prepared pizza sauce. you can alternatively use store-brought pizza sauce.
- Quickly top with 1/4 cup onion finely chopped. Chop all the veggies and keep it ready before you start preparing the pizza.
- Then quickly place 1/4 cup capsicum finely chopped.
- While adding the topping keep the flame to its lowest. you can also switch off the flame when you add toppings to the pizza.
- Now top with the chopped tomatoes. Also, add some sliced olives. Both tomatoes and olives are optional and you can skip them.
- Spread grated pizza cheese or mozzarella cheese over it. you can use cheese of your choice.
- Now sprinkle, chili flakes and mixed herbs.
- Keep the flame to its lowest. Place a lid on the bread pizza.
- toast it over low flame. Cook till cheese melts and the bread is toasted. It will take approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with a spatula and place it on a serving plate. Sprinkle some red chili flakes or oregano if you want. Red chili flakes can be skipped also.
Instructions For bread pizza Recipe (oven)
Preheat oven to 200 deg C for 10 mins. Place all the prepared bread pizza on a tray and place it inside oven. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg C for 5-7 mins.
Cut and serve Bread Pizza hot!
Tips and Variations:
- You can add your choice of veggies. Steamed corn kernels or sautéed mushrooms or sautéed spinach can also be added.
- If possible, use olive oil for the best flavor.
- For the base sauce, you can use red pizza sauce, white sauce or pesto.
- You can use any bread be it white, multi-grain or whole wheat.
- also, toast the bread on low flame to prevent from burning.
Serve bread pizza with tomato ketchup as an afternoon snack or as a light evening dinner. It can be also served with a milkshake or fruit smoothie at a kid’s birthday party.
Also read: How to make Chicken Manchurian
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube