The ideal comfort food for chilly winter days is broccoli soup. This traditional soup recipe is simple enough for a weekday dinner and almost fully made in one pot. It is also excellent enough for your next family gathering.
This dish for broccoli soup is hearty and tasty. Making it easy, delicious, and quick. You can make this cream of broccoli soup recipe in about half an hour, so it’s the perfect choice for busy weeknights.
Ingredients for broccoli soup
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped Garlic
Instructions for broccoli soup
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat in a hefty cooking pot.
- Add the broccoli, onion, carrot, salt, and pepper, and cook for about 6 minutes, or until the onion is transparent. When the flour gets a blonde color, add it and cook for one minute. Bring stock to a boil after adding.
- Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in the cream. With an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- After seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, put the pot’s lid back on.
Broccoli florets that have been blanched can be substituted for bread croutons, cream, cheese, or fresh herbs like parsley, basil, or cilantro for garnishing the soup.
Your soup will keep for two to three days in the fridge or up to two months in the freezer if stored correctly.
Simply pressure-cook the potato and broccoli to expedite the process even further. The vegetables will get quite soft and cook a little bit more quickly as a result.
While serving, add any assortment of chopped, boiled veggies to the soup for more flavour and texture.
You Might Also Like: