Chicken 65 is a popular chicken dish across India. Making restaurant-style chicken 65 at home is very easy. Chicken 65 is a spicy, deep-fried Indian chicken dish that is served as an appetizer or entrée. The flavor mainly comes from red chilis and curry leaves.
There are several ways to make Chicken 65, the most popular styles being Hyderabadi, Andhra, and Indo-Chinese. This is the style I’ve seen at most restaurants. The chicken is deep fried after it’s marinated
Chicken 65 is bite-size pieces of chicken coated in spicy masala marination. Marinated chicken is then deep fried till cooked and crispy. Fried chicken is served as it is or tossed in a spicy sauce.
This restaurant-style Chicken 65 is a spicy, deep-fried starter snack, appetizer, or a full meal served with naan! It’s marinated in yogurt, spices, and curry leaves for 24 hours so it’s deeply flavorful and aromatic.
Ingredients for Chicken 65
- 500 gm chicken
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 pinch of red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 1 sprig of curry leaves, chopped
- 2.5 tablespoon corn flour
- 3 tablespoon rice flour
- oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilis
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
Instructions for Chicken 65
- For the marination, take a bowl and mix ginger garlic paste, chopped curry leaves, Kashmiri chili powder, black pepper, coriander powder, garam masala, black pepper, and salt.
- Whisk it together.
- Now, wash the chicken in cold running water and chop it.
- Transfer the chicken to the bowl and toss with the marinade to fully coat it.
- Once the chicken pieces are well-coated, keep them aside for 4-5 hours so that flavors are well absorbed.
- You can keep them in the refrigerator.
- After marinating, add the rice flour and corn flour to the chicken and toss it to coat.
- Heat oil to deep fry the chicken. Once it becomes hot, carefully drop the chickens one by one into the oil, leaving plenty of space between them.
- After about a minute, toss the chicken and keep frying until it’s a deep reddish-brown.
- Remove the chicken and allow it to drain on a paper towel.
- In a wok or skillet on low to medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add the green chilis, Kashmiri chili powder, ginger garlic paste, and curry leaves.
- Add the fried chicken and toss it with the tadka to coat it completely.
- Transfer the dish to a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped spring onions.
Air Fryer Guidelines
In order to prepare Chicken 65 in an air fryer, place all the chicken in the basket and generously spray it with oil. Cook the chicken at 350°F for 6 to 8 minutes, or until it is cooked through and crispy. Open the basket and drop in the sliced chilis and curry leaves. Toss it and continue cooking it for a further 2 to 4 minutes to get crispy curry leaves.
Serve as a snack or you can pair this easy snack recipe with drinks of your choice.
Serve it as a snack amongst friends and families or as an appetizer. For this, it’s great to use appetizer picks.
My favorite way to serve Chicken 65 is with fresh naan and cilantro-mint chutney or curry leaf ranch for dinner. Cut up slices of red onion and serve with lemon wedges.
Store the chicken in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. To rewarm it, toss it in a heated skillet until warmed through. It can also be reheated in an air fryer at 375°F for 4 minutes or in the oven at 375°F for 7-8 minutes.
Tips and Variations
- don’t overcook the chicken.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- it will get cooked faster If you use boneless chicken. So keep checking the chicken whether is cooked.
You Might Also Like:
- Bharwa mirch achar recipe
- Amrood (guava) ki Sabji recipe
- A Paneer Chili recipe
- Veg Pulao recipe
- Bajra paratha recipe