One of the simplest and quickest chicken curries to prepare is chicken chatpata. In English, the word “chatpata” implies “tangy.” And I would suggest this chicken recipe to working people or bachelors who frequently lack the time and inspiration to prepare meals during the week.
On days when you are short on time or have unexpected dinner guests, this spicy and tangy chicken recipe is going to come in handy. One of the simplest and quickest chicken curries to prepare is this one. Simply by using either paneer or button mushrooms in place of the chicken, this dish may easily be produced.
This dish calls for lightly fried chicken to be cooked in a brown onion and nut sauce. To make the chicken chatpata, chaat masala, lemon juice, and green chilies are added.
Ingredients for chicken chatpata recipe
- 500 gms Chicken, small curry cut pieces with bones-
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced.
- 1 medium tomato, puree.
- 2 Tablespoons of ginger garlic paste
- 5 Tablespoons of yogurt.
- 2 Tablespoons of red chili powder
1/2 Teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
1/2 Teaspoons Cumin Powder
1/2 Teaspoons Crushed Pepper
1 tsp Salt-
2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1.5 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3 Tablespoons of heavy cream.
- 6-7 almonds or cashews (soaked in water).
- 3 green chilies, slit.
- Few juliennes cut ginger.
- Some chopped coriander leaves
Instructions for chicken chatpata recipe
- Yogurt, 1 teaspoon each of ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, roasted coriander powder, and salt should be used to marinate the chicken. Stir well, then chill for two to three hours.
- In a kadai that has been heated with half a cup of oil, cook the onion slices in batches until they turn golden. They should be taken out of the oil and kept in a tray with paper towels.
- Put the fried onion, soaked nuts, and a little water in a mixer grinder. Make a paste that is smooth and set aside.
- In a pan, heat 3–4 tablespoons of oil.
- Include the chunks of marinated chicken. On a medium temperature, fry them for 5 minutes before turning off the heat until the chicken turns gently golden.
- Heat four to five tablespoons of oil in another pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes on low heat after adding the remaining ginger and garlic paste.
Once added, simmer the tomato puree for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the rest of the red chili powder, coriander powder, chat masala, and garam masala powder after that. Mix thoroughly over a low flame for two minutes.
- Once the onion and nut paste has been added, simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add the milk next, and blend for two minutes.
- Add some salt and one-half teaspoon of sugar to the seasoning. Mix thoroughly for a minute.
- The cooked chicken has now been added. Stir well for 5 minutes.
- Add the heated water, cover the pan, and simmer the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it is tender.
- the heavy cream, Kasuri methi, and finely chopped green chilies. 2 minutes of vigorous mixing.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chat masala, ginger cubes, coriander leaves, and lemon juice after turning the heat off.
Your serving of chicken chatpata is complete. Serve this hot with chapati, paratha, or naan.
You Might Also Like:
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Methi Matar Malai recipe
- How to make chenna
- Handi Paneer Recipe
- ‘Black Lentils Recipe
- Til laddu recipe (til ke laddu)
follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and youtube