Chicken Kabab is one of the dishes most of the people especially Indians would prefer for its spicy and crispy tasty chicken. This delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chicken kabab (also known as a kebab or kabob) recipe is known as murg malai kabab in Indian.
It’s so easy to make you’ll wonder why you haven’t cooked it before. chicken is rich in protein source,it is more tastier and beautiful texture and the juicy Kabab oh yeah just mouth watering.
Chicken Kebabs recipe is super easy to make on the grill, tender and packed full of flavor. It’s the perfect recipe for a weeknight BBQ or for entertaining. It provides you an awesome taste of Mughlai Recipes.
Chicken kebab is one of the most loved kebabs around the world.They are soft and juicy from inside and crisp from outside. Kebabs are considered and treated as a healthy food because very little amount of oil is used to prepare them and they are not deep fried.
- 200 gms boneless chicken
- 2-3 tablespoon yogurt
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 3 tbsp oil
Firstly, wash the boneless chicken pieces well and strain the chicken until there is no water left in the chicken.
Take a mixing bowl, add the boneless chicken pieces, add salt to taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder and give a mix.
- Add beaten yogurt, lemon extracted juice, mix well.
Mix everything well with a spatula or with clean hands.
Cover and marinate the chicken in refrigerator for at least an hour.
3 (Deep frying):
- Heat the cooking oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Dip each chicken piece in the batter and deep fry it in hot oil.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken till they turn red and crisp outside.
Continue frying the rest of the marinated chicken in second batch and take them out.
Placing on skewers and grilling
- Preheat oven or barbecue grill to 450 F / 230 C / Gas 8. Soak your bamboo skewers in water so that they don’t burn during the cooking process.
- When the chicken has marinated thread 3 to 4 pieces on each skewer
- When you have threaded all the chicken onto skewers, lay the skewers on a baking tray and put into your oven
- Cook for 15 minutes till they turn red and crisp outside.
- When done, gently remove the chicken pieces from the skewers and arrange on a serving plate.
- You also can leave the skewers as is and serve as individual portions.
You can Serve hot garnished with onions rings, lemon wedges and cucumber salad. Also We love to eat chicken boti kababs directly from the skewers and it forms our favorite weekend appetizer with some chilled beer
Tips to make best chicken kabab
- To make the kababs, the pieces can be slow cooked on skewers by placing them on a bbq.
- The marination is mandatory to let the chicken absorb all the spice flavors.
- One can even slow cook these pieces on a pan by adding some oil/butter until the pieces get tender.
- Stove top method is suggested for those who prefer making recipes using less oil
- Garam masala powder used here is homemade but when not available, store bought garam masala can be substituted.
- Homemade masalas give a lot more better taste than store bought one’s.
- Always use a non stick wok for deep frying in order to avoid the masala sticking to the base of the kadai/wok.
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube