chicken noodle soup loaded with vegetables and a delicious broth made from scratch. It’s perfect for cold weather, and especially good if you are fighting off a cold or flu. There are probably as many ways of making chicken noodle soup as there are moms who make it.
When you don’t have the time to cook your soup entirely from scratch, this recipe for chicken noodle soup is a very good substitute. Compared to store-bought soups, which are sometimes laden with sodium and other artificial tastes and preservatives, chicken noodle soup is healthier. Chicken stock or broth is relaxing to the body and rich in vitamins and minerals, especially when cooked from scratch. It’s still healthy in every manner even if you use pre-made chicken broth and noodles!
Pure comfort food is chicken noodle soup. Fortunately, our recipe is so simple that you can prepare it right now! One of the simplest types of soup to prepare is chicken noodles. The ingredients are straightforward and affordable. The total preparation time for this soup is roughly 30 minutes.
ingredients for the chicken noodle soup recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs (or 8 legs)
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth,
- 1 ½ cups egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Water or more stock, as needed
Instruction for chicken noodle soup
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a big pot or Dutch oven. Include the celery, carrots, and onions. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, and garlic by stirring. Cook for approximately a minute, stirring the garlic around the pan.
- Add the chicken stock, then boil it gently. After giving the soup a taste, add salt and pepper to taste. You might need to add one or more teaspoons of salt, depending on the type of stock you used.
- Soak the chicken thighs in the soup until they are completely submerged in the liquid. Bring the soup back to a low simmer, then cover the pot partially with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked through.
- Add a splash of more stock or little water if the broth feels low at this point. Heat to a medium-low setting.
- Place the plate with the cooked chicken on it. Depending on the type of noodles used, it may take 6 to 10 minutes to cook the noodles after stirring them into the soup.
- Chicken can be diced or shredded into strips while the noodles are cooking. Put the chicken back in the pot after re-seasoning the soup, and then slide the chicken back in. If necessary, season with additional salt and pepper. Add the parsley and then serve.
- Save time and effort by putting all your ingredients in a soup maker and whipping up a delicious soup in no time.
- Replace the chicken with 175g firm tofu cut into cubes, simmer for 5 mins, then add the other ingredients as before.