The tasty chicken soup dish is simple to prepare and only takes an hour to complete. This soup recipe is renowned as one of the best treatments for colds and coughs, and it gives adequate warmth by causing your body to produce heat. Additionally, it is a typical Continental soup that is available everywhere.
Everyone has their own favorite chicken soup recipe, but rarely have so few ingredients added up to so much comfort. This version has classic flavors and, thanks to a simplified method, cooks more quickly than traditional chicken soups
This is a fantastic method for creating a chicken soup that you can make at home with ease. The only ingredients required are shredded chicken, onions, carrots, celery, butter, and chicken stock.
For a genuine touch, you can even drizzle a cube of butter over the finished soup. You can prepare it at home for your friends and family, and we are confident that they will enjoy it. Pair this soup with toasted garlic bread for extra flavor, then savor your meal.
This Chinese-style Clear Soup right here is just perfect, as it is neither too heavy on the stomach nor it is too light. It is both filling and wholesome. You just need some simple ingredients such as Chicken, Onion, Garlic, Bay Leaf, some Whole Spices, Salt, and Pepper, and you are sorted.
Ingredients for chicken soup
- 1 (3 pounds) whole chicken
- 4 carrots, halved sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks of celery,
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for chicken soup
- Bring chicken, water, and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add onions, celery, and garlic. Reduce heat. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove and reserve the breast. Include carrots. Simmer for 40 minutes with a half-cover.
- Remove the leftover chicken and throw away the wings and back. Allow cooling a bit. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces after removing it from the bones.
- Take out the remaining chicken and discard the wings and back. Allow to slightly cool. Remove the meat from the bones and then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Season the broth with salt, pepper, and chicken bouillon to taste.
You can serve Clear Chicken Soup on its own for a light dinner or maybe along with some hot steamed momos, fried rice, Hakka noodles, or dim sums. I like to add some boiled noodles or rice to it for a filling meal.
Serve it as the starter for your Indo-Asian meals or even for your house parties.
Top the soup with sliced scallions before serving.
Tips And Variations
- If you’re in a hurry cut back on cook time and use store-bought chicken stock with shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add other veggies including parsnips, potatoes, leeks, cabbage, or even kale.
- You can also experiment with the seasonings. You can add herbs like fresh parsley or rosemary too.
- Make sure you do not overcook the chicken, otherwise it won’t shred well.
Clear Chicken Soup stays good for 3 to 4 days. In fact, its flavor improves after a few days of making. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To reheat, allow the soup to thaw in the fridge overnight, then transfer to a pot and cook until heated through.
Cool it completely and store it properly in freezer-safe containers or heavy-duty freezer bags and it can stay good for 1-2 months. Thaw before using, heat well, and serve.
Flavoring Chicken Soup
For the best possible flavor, make your own stock or chicken broth using fresh ingredients – ditch the bouillon cubes (most contain MSG). Brown your chicken pieces and add chicken bones, vegetable scraps, and a few garlic cloves, and toss in some fresh herbs (fresh dill, fresh thyme, fresh parsley) to the simmering broth.
If you want to make a Mexican version of the same, you can add in tomatoes once the chicken is almost cooked and simmer for 5 minutes more.
Also, season it with taco seasoning along with salt and pepper. Once the soup is done, top it up with cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
Can we add an Egg?
Yes, you can just break the egg and drop in the soup while cooking the chicken. Mix so that it forms egg scrambles in the soup properly.
Also read: Hot chocolate Recipe
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube