This recipe for fried chicken tenders yields tasty, crispy chicken pieces that go great with our unique, hot horseradish dipping sauce. We serve it with corn on the cob and our famous potato salad.
Kids and adults love honey mustard chicken tenders, which are tender and moist when baked and make the ideal finger meal. Kids and adults love honey mustard chicken tenders, which are tender and moist when baked and make the ideal finger meal.
Easy recipes like this are just the best go-to. These chicken tenders can be ready in 15 minutes!
Ingredients for chicken tenders
- 500 gm chicken tenders
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika (or sweet, smoky, spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Instruction for chicken tender recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken tenders into the egg mixture and let sit for 5 minutes while preparing the crumb mixture.
- OPTIONAL: Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (if time allows).
In another bowl, combine both breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and parmesan cheese.
Dredge the egg-coated chicken in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture, lightly pressing to evenly coat.
Finally, heat your oil until shimmering in a high-sided pot to prevent splatters. Place the tenders in the hot oil without crowding the pot, and cook until golden brown on both sides.
Remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
Serve tenders while they are still hot with a delicious dipping sauce.
Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The cooked chicken tenders can be frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, put the frozen tenders on a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet and warm in a 350°F (175°C) oven until heated through and crisp, about 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
how to cook chicken tenders in the oven?
Lightly grease a baking sheet or tray with nonstick cooking oil spray. You can also use a sheet of paper towel dipped in oil to wipe over the surface of the baking sheet, or use a pastry brush.
Arrange crumbed tenders on the baking sheet, then lightly spray them with a cooking oil spray, (I suggest using an olive oil spray for the best results). This is what makes them SUPER CRISPY without the need to deep fry!
honey mustard sauce
Mix together 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp dijon mustard, 2 tbsp honey, 1 – 2 tsp lemon juice, salt and pepper.
tips and variations
- If you marinate the chicken tenders in a bag, place the bag in a bowl, just in case it leaks.
- If your breading looks flat give it another dip in the slurry and flour.
- Just cook the chicken tenders as directed in the recipe, let them cool, completely then toss them in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. I usually vacuum seal them for extended freshness.