Chocolate barfi is a beautifully tempting dessert that only requires three ingredients and is quite simple to make. Children’s favourite dessert, chocolate burfi, is produced for special occasions like Diwali. This post includes a chocolate burfi recipe with step-by-step instructions
Chocolate Burfi is a very easy burfi that even beginners can try, it just melts in your mouth, so soft and textured that I loved it instantly. The fact that this burfi also requires very little ghee made me to try it instantly.
This North Indian recipe is loved by kids and is very easy to prepare. It is super delicious and is sure to be loved by people of all age groups. If you’re a dessert lover, then this dessert recipe will surely make you go gaga over it.
Why you will love this chocolate barfi
- Quick to make: This chocolate burfi recipe comes together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for the festive season when you might be busy with other stuff like cleaning, decorating the house, and prepping other Diwali snacks or meals.
- Kid-friendly: Kids as well as adults will surely love this treat. Who doesn’t love chocolate? But especially kids will go crazy over this simple chocolate burfi.
- The perfect treat to pack into the Diwali sweet box. If you’re looking for homemade sweets to pack into the sweet box for your friends and family then this recipe is for you.
Make this dessert for your family and friends and impress them with your culinary skills.
Ingredients for Chocolate barfi
- 700 grams khoya / mawa (grated)
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Almonds chopped, for garnishing (you can you any nuts)
Instructions for Chocolate barfi
- To place the burfi in, grease a small dish, tray, or plate with ghee. set aside.
- In a large kadai take khoya. make sure to grate it or crumble the khoya for uniform cooking.
- Keep stirring and cooking until it thickens slightly more. The mixture will melt and come together like a thick, runny paste.
- Add the sugar and start to mix. continuously stir until the khova and sugar melt. Mle sure there are no lumps
Checking – You can check the consistency by taking a small portion and letting it cool to touch, if you can roll it into a smooth and non-sticky ball then the mixture is ready. If it’s still sticky then cook it a little more and check again.
- It takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Now transfer half of the mixture to the tray lined with baking paper.
- Smooth out the surface evenly and keep it aside.
Add cocoa powder to the remaining half mixture in the pan. Mix really well.
- continue to cook until everything is well combined.
- Pour this chocolate khoya mixture on top of the plain khoya layer.
- Press and level up uniformly. without mixing with the bottom layer.
- Allow the mixture to cool. However, before it hardens fully, cut it into desired shapes with the help of a knife.
- Garnish with chopped almonds on top and enjoy this delicious barfi with family and friends.
Tips and variations
- if you are using frozen mawa, then make sure to bring it to room temperature before using.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the pan, the amount of burfi you’re making and the quality of the khoya.
- also, you can add a tsp of ghee to make burfi rich and flavourful.
- If the khoya has more moisture then it takes longer to reach the set consistency.
- additionally, cook on low flame to prevent from burning.
- Do not overcook the khoya otherwise, chocolate burfi becomes chewy and rubbery
- Adjust sugar level as per taste.
Garnish with chopped dry fruits & edible silver leaf before serving. However, it is optional. No one looks at the garnishing and simply indulge in the goodness of this mawa burfi.
Chocolate burfi stays fresh for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Because of mawa, it stays good at room temperature for a day or two only.
Variations of chocolate barfi
- Chocolate barfi with condensed milk
- Chocolate burfi with ricotta cheese
- Chocolate burfi with milk powder
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
You Might Also Like:
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube