Churmur chaat is a popular street food in Kolkata. This tangy, spicy, crispy chaat is a popular Calcutta street food made by Phuchkawalas. It’s so tasty and is usually had after eating Puchkas! It is really easy to make at home and you need to give it a try.
This Churmur chaat recipe is spicy, tangy, and crunchy which you will like. It has a melange of veggies like finely chopped onions, potatoes, and chaat masala along with some spices.
One of the major differences is in the papri chaat – the papris are not crushed and a generous dollop of dahi is poured after all the condiments are added. Here it’s definitely different and yet ask any Phuchka lover, Churmur is one of the essential commodities. You can call it a deconstructed Fuchka.
Ingredients for Churmur chaat recipe
- 20 to 30 pieces of Paapri / golgappas
- 4 boiled Potato (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 2 medium size Onion (finely chopped)
- 4 to 5 Green chili (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoon Chat masala
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoon Tamarind Chutney
- 2 cups Dry Matar (white peas)
- 2 cups Kala Chana
- Black salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon Dry roasted masala/Bhaja Masala (In a frying pan without oil, toast 10 dried red chilies, equal parts jeera and dhania, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they release a pleasant, aromatic aroma. It should be cooled before being finely ground.)
Instructions for Churmur chaat recipe
- Take 2 cups, of Kala Chana and soaked overnight, heated in a pressure cooker with 4 cups of water, then simmered for 10 to 15 minutes after the first whistle.
- 2 cups Dry Matar (white peas) soaking overnight, boiled in a pressure cooker with 4 cups of water, then finished cooking in 8 to 10 minutes with a reduced flame.
- Chop the potatoes, matar, chana, onion, dhania, lemon juice, Bhaja masala, chat masala, and green chili, black salt and finely chop the Paapri and place them all in a bowl.
- By using your hands, crush the Paapri.
- With a spoon, combine everything once again.
- Give the tamarind chutney a good stir before adding it.
Enjoy! Place the dish in individual bowls and top with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately so that it doesn’t get soggy.
- You can make the potato mixture from before and keep it.
You Might Also Like:
- Cinnamon Tea for Weight Loss
- chicken chatpata recipe
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Paneer Dum Biryani Recipe
- Aloo paneer paratha recipe