A Popular Indo-Chinese dish of chicken of Hakka Chinese ancestry is chicken chilli. This could include a number of dry chicken dishes from India. Although this dish primarily uses boneless chicken, some people also use bone-in chicken.
Chicken pieces are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, chilli sauce, and pepper before being deep-fried and then seasoned with the sauces once more.
Delicious spicy chinese style chilli chicken which taste so delicious. A perfect side dish that goes well with fried rice or noodles. This delicious chicken recipe is very popular in Chinese restaurants but with this easy recipe you can make it at the comfort of your home – according to your own taste.
Ingredients of Chilli Chicken
- 350 gms Chicken
- 1 Egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup Cornflour
- 2 cups Onions, sliced
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Green Chillies, sliced
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Green Chilli (for garnishing)
Instruction for Chilli Chicken
- Combine the chicken, egg, cornflour, ginger and garlic paste, 2 teaspoons of salt, and just enough water to make a batter thick enough to coat the chicken pieces. For around 30 minutes, leave this.
- The chicken pieces should first be deep-fried over high heat before being cooked at a reduced temperature. Cook the chicken completely in the oil. On absorbent paper, drain.
- Onions are stir-fried in 2 tablespoons of hot oil in a wok until they are transparent.
- Green peppers should be added and sauteed for one minute.
- Toss thoroughly after adding the deep-fried chicken, soy sauce, and vinegar
- You can serve this recipe with some fried rice or vegetable noodles.
- If you are going to make boneless chilli chicken at home, try using chicken breasts as they are easy to chop.
- For that perfect restaurant-like colour of chilli chicken, use Kashmiri red chilli powder or degi mirch. This will add a vibrant colour without making it too spicy.
- Dip the chilli chicken in the cornflour batter. This will make them crispy as well as more appealing.
Also read: Fish fry recipe (step by step)
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube