Corn Bhel or Corn Chaat Bhel is a quick and delicious snack recipe made with boiled sweet corn tossed with chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, spicy coriander mint chutney, and topped with crunchy boondi, and sev.
Ready to serve in 25 minutes, this corn bhel recipe is perfect to make for breakfast or evening snacks. You can also serve this corn chaat to your guests. It is healthy and can be prepared in very less time. You can enjoy it with your evening tea or whenever you crave a chaat.
Sweet corn bhel, the corn in it is certainly the most versatile food. Boiled and roasted corns can be used in salads, soups, snacks, and even maggie noodles. This way sweet corn adds a multi-faceted usage in the culinary aspects.
Sweet corn is rich in high fibre content. Moreover, it is important nutrition as we know dietary fibres are essential for health, especially for digestion. Above all, sweet corn makes your tummy heavy and full for a long time. It makes your stomach full and decreases your cravings to eat junk food.
You can also add lime juice or finely chopped raw mangoes to make your fresh corn bhel more sour and spicy. This corn snack recipe would be relished by adults and kids alike. Try it!
Ingredients for Corn Bhel
- 1 cup Sweet corn
- 3-4 glasses of Water (For boiling)
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- 1 medium size chopped tomato
- ¼ cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- ¼ cup sev/mixed farsan/bhujia
- coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chutney
- 1-2 teaspoons tamarind chutney
- 1 tablespoon Chaat Masala Powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper Powder
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- coriander leaves
- pomegranate arils
Instructions for Corn Bhel
- Boil the sweet corn in a saucepan with 1 cup of water for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Once boiled drain the hot water, and peel off the corn.
- Wash and chop the cucumber, coriander leaves, tomatoes, green chillies, and onions. Keep them aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the boiled corn, and veggies like onions, tomato, and cucumber.
- Also add green chillies. Mix everything well.
- Add both green and tamarind chutney, and mix everything properly.
- Now add sev, salt to taste, red chili powder, chaat masala, black pepper powder, lemon juice. Mix everything well.
- Lastly, add it to a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves, and pomegranate arils, and serve with masala chai.
You can enjoy it with your evening tea or whenever you feel little hungry. It is healthy and can be prepared in very less time.
Serve Corn Bhel along with Masala Chai for your evening snack.
Tips and variations
- You can also add some cherry tomatoes in place of regular tomatoes.
- The consistency of chaat chutney should be thick.
- You can also add papdi’s, pomegranate seeds, boiled potato, to corn bhel.
- Be careful when adding salt since chaat masala and chutney also have salt.
- Always serve this immediately because boondi and the sev can get soggy. If you are planning to serve after some time then add the boondi and sev later on