In India, Dalia is particularly well-liked. One of the easiest, healthiest, and most delectable one-pot vegan meals is vegetable daliya pulao. This dish is the greatest for everyone because it is low in fat, high in iron, and fiber.
Dalia has a great flavor and is simple to prepare. Everyone, including young and old, can benefit from its nutrition. People cook Dalia and serve it with moong dal or milk since it is easily absorbed. When a new mother’s breastfeeding is low, milk Dalia is given to her in order to stimulate lactation. So this morning, we’ll make a healthy Dalia.
Vegetables can also be changed to suit your preferences. This dish is a good choice for all of the weight-watchers out there because it only calls for two teaspoons of ghee.
You can make this for dinner or brunch to satisfy your hunger for a long time. Making this dish is a fun approach to encouraging healthy eating among your children. Try this dish right away, then
Instruction for Dalia
- 1/2 cup broken wheat (Dalia)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoon peas
- 1 small chopped carrot
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt as required
- ½ cup Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 cup soaked moong dal
- 4 cup water
Instruction for Dalia
Wash daliya 2-3 times and drain the water.
Heat one teaspoon of ghee in a pan. Add Dalia and roast them for 2-3 minutes until aromatic.
- Now heat one teaspoon of ghee in a cooker, add jeera and let them splutter for a minute. Add hing, and ginger paste and stir a bit
- Saute till the onions become translucent.
- Now add tomatoes and mix well. Cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Peas, carrots, turmeric, and salt have now been added to the cooker. Mix thoroughly, then heat for two minutes.
- Add water and the soaked moong dal last. Combine thoroughly and pressure cook for three whistles.
- The float valve will lower after all of the pressure has been released. It is now secure to raise the lid.
Open and give a gentle stir.
Tips and Variations
- Use any Vegetable of your Choice
- You can skip the ghee to make it healthier.
- Add just enough water to immerse the ingredients in the pressure cooker.
- Add any vegetables of your choice or use vegetables that are in season like cauliflower, mushrooms, French beans, potatoes, etc.
- Add a dash of lemon juice or a teaspoon of ghee before serving the dish for a delicious flavor.
Always serve it hot/warm with a spoonful of Desi Cow Ghee on top. Pair this tasty and healthy Masala Vegetable Dalia with plain homemade curd(yogurt), Raita, papad, and pickle of your choice
Store the leftover Dalia upma in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days. Reheat in a microwave or pan before serving.
You can serve Dalia upma for breakfast with green mint chutney or coconut chutney. It is a fulfilling dish that does not require side dishes.
Also read: How To Make Paneer
follow us on instagram, facebook