Date chutney, also known as khajur chutney, is a delicious and simple sweet chutney dish. It may give any food that perfect amount of acidic zing. This recipe for sweet chutney for chaat is mouthwatering. It has a pleasant hint of spice from the garam masala and dry ginger powder, which goes well with the dates’ sweet and mango powder’s tart flavors. To make the dry samosa, dry kachori, dahi vada, etc. more delicious, serve it with them.
The same flavor may be achieved with this method without having to look for tamarind. It is quick to prepare and simple to cook. Dates, as opposed to tamarind, may be found in most supermarkets.
Benefits of dates
- Promotes brain health
- High in fiber.
- High in antioxidants.
- Great source of iron.
Ingredients for Date chutney recipes
- 1 cup Dates (khajur)
- 1 tablespoon Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Ginger Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Salt
- 2 cups Water
Instructions for Date Chutney Recipes
- Dates should be peeled and chopped into small bits. Cook them with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker for two whistles or boil them in 2 cups of water over low heat until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Allow it to cool, then use a blender or mixer to purée them with water.
- Put the puree in a medium-sized skillet and heat it over a medium temperature until it begins to boil. Cook for around 4-5 minutes over a low temperature after adding the dry mango powder. occasionally between each stir.
- Extinguish the flame, then stir in the red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, dry ginger powder, and black salt. Turn off the flame after tasting it for salt and spice, and add more if necessary. Laid out at room temperature to chill.
- Serve the chilled date chutney in a bowl along with the ready-made snacks. Alternately, place it in an airtight container, place it in the freezer for up to a month, and use it as needed.
Notes (Tips and Variations):
- When making date chutney, if you prefer a tangier flavor, use extra-dried mango powder.
- Depending on the pan’s thickness and type, the cook date (in step 1) may take longer or shorter.
- For variety, swap out the dried mango powder for tamarind or vinegar.
- To make thick or watered chutney, adjust the water amount appropriately.
- Avoid adding chaat masala or chili powder to their diet or when creating foods like Navratri vrat ka khana that are consumed during a fast.
- It is a necessary ingredient for producing delectable dahi vada and Bhel puri, or you can use it as a dip to make samosas, kachoris, and other foods more appetizing.
Q1: Can I freeze date chutney for long-term storage?
A: Yes, date chutney can be frozen for extended storage. Divide it into small portions, place them in freezer-safe containers, and store them for up to three months. Thaw in the refrigerator before use.
Q4: Is date chutney suitable for a vegan diet?
A: Absolutely! Date chutney is inherently vegan as it is made from plant-based ingredients. It’s a delightful addition to vegan dishes, providing a burst of flavor.
Q3: How can I adjust the spiciness of date chutney to my liking?
A: Adjusting the spiciness of date chutney is easy. Increase or decrease the amount of red chili powder or green chilies based on your preference. Taste as you go to achieve the desired level of heat.
Q4: Can date chutney be used as a substitute for other condiments?
A: Yes, date chutney can be a versatile substitute for various condiments. It works well as a replacement for ketchup, barbecue sauce, or even as a sweetener in certain dressings and glazes.
Q5: Are there variations of date chutney that cater to specific dietary preferences?
A: Absolutely! Date chutney recipes can be adapted to suit specific dietary preferences, including sugar-free versions using natural sweeteners, ensuring everyone can enjoy its deliciousness.
Q6: Can I use date chutney in baking?
A: Indeed! Date chutney can add a unique flavor profile to your baking endeavors. It pairs exceptionally well with savory bread, muffins, and even as a filling for pastries.
Q7: How can I enhance the flavor of date chutney?
A: Experiment with additional ingredients like mint, coriander, or even a hint of citrus to enhance the flavor of date chutney. Get creative and tailor it to your taste preferences.
In the world of culinary exploration, date chutney stands as a testament to the magic that can unfold in a kitchen. With these meticulously crafted recipes, you are equipped to embark on a culinary journey that will not only tantalize your taste buds but also leave a lasting impression on those lucky enough to savor your creations.
You Might Also Like:
- Aate Ki Pinni recipe (aata ladoo)
- Garlic butter mushrooms recipe
- chhena Gaja recipe
- paneer burger recipe
- How to Make Cinnamon Tea for Weight Loss
- chicken chatpata recipe