The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe – A one-bowl chocolate cake recipe that is quick, easy, and delicious! You only need one bowl and minimal ingredients to make this Perfect Chocolate Cake.
Rich in chocolate flavor with a tender-moist crumb, and fluffy with the perfect amount of sweetness. This is what chocolate dreams are made of!
With a crumb so incredibly tender, this cake stays moist for a good 4-5 days. Whether you eat it plain, dust it with powdered sugar or serve it with dollops of cream or scoops of ice cream, it truly is perfectly perfect!
The cake batter really can be made in a bowl without the use of a heavy-duty mixer. Of course, that just makes things easier, but with a whisk and a bowl also it will turn out yummy.
Also read: Lauki Kofta Recipe (Step By Step)
This Chocolate Cake Is:
- Extra moist
- 2 layers, but can be made as 3 layers or as a sheet cake
- Soft with a velvety crumb
- Deeply flavorful
- Covered with creamy chocolate buttercream
Chocolate Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- butter (120 g | 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly butter three 9-inch cake rounds.
- Dust with flour or cocoa powder and tap out the excess.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder to a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla, and Beat on a low speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
- Carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined. The cake batter is thin in consistency.
- Divide batter evenly amongst the three prepared pans, about 3 cups of batter per pan. Tap the cake pans gently on the counter to allow any bubbles to rise to the top and escape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, then remove the cakes from the pan and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- The cake is ready,
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (recipe given below).
CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- Melt butter, then whisk in cocoa powder.
- Add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Stir in vanilla.
Tips to make the best Chocolate cake recipe
- The cake batter will be very thin after adding the boiling water.
- For metric measurements, click on the metric tab. Bake at 176 degrees celsius in three 23-centimeter pans
- Coffee can be used in place of warm water to enhance the flavor of chocolate. This option is great for dark chocolate lovers.
- The servings on this cake are listed as 3 layers to allow you to use the built-in scaling feature to adjust the recipe to larger or smaller depending on how many layers you want to make.
Also read: Matar Paneer Recipe (step by step)
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube
[…] Also read: Delicious Chocolate Cake Recipe – Recipes Plaza […]