The Egg Pulao Recipe is a stunning recipe made with Boiled Eggs and Basmati Rice. Here Fragrant basmati rice is cooked with Egg and Spices. It is a wonderful, comfortable Indian meal, that combines the taste of Eggs and Rice in the gravy of onion and tomato.
Egg Pulao is a North Indian recipe that is made using a melange of Indian spices. This pulao recipe is ideal for occasions like anniversaries and formal lunches. You can also make this pulao as a Sunday brunch when your entire family is at home and demanding something lavish and tasty.
Egg Pulao, is an easy Pulao recipe that you can make for your weeknight dinner. Serve it with a raita of your choice and roasted papad for your weeknight dinners. It is made using boiling eggs and looks appealing and a great option to make during lunch or dinner and can be made quickly without any difficulty.
Also, Eggs are a rich source of calcium, and protein and they are good for good vision as well. They should be included in our diet at least thrice a week as they help in building the body.
Egg Pulao can easily be packed in a tiffin. Try out this quick and easy-to-make pulao recipe.
Ingredients for Egg Pulao
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamoms/elaichi
- 1 cinnamon stick/dalchini
- 1 bay leaf/tej patta
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons beaten yogurt/ Dahi
Instructions for Egg Pulao
Boil eggs in a saucepan.
Cool the eggs and peel them.
Cut each boiled egg into 2 pieces and keep aside.
Soak 1 cup of basmati rice in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes. Boil with some salt, drain and keep aside.
Take a pan and add ghee to it. Heat it over moderate flame.
Once the ghee is sufficiently hot, add cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, and bay leaf.
Saute for a few seconds, till the cumin seeds start spluttering.
- Add the thinly sliced Onions along with 2 finely chopped green chilies and fry until onions turn golden.
Add the ginger garlic paste and saute them for a few minutes on low flame to get rid of the rawness.
- Cook on a low flame, and then Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame, till the tomatoes turn mushy and a little watery.
- Now add 2 tbsp yogurt and mix well.
- Mix in red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt to taste.
Cook the masala until oil starts leaving the sides.
Add the peeled boiled eggs into the masala, mix delicately and cook the eggs for about 5 minutes.
Add the cooked rice to the pan and mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
Leave to cook on low flame for a couple of minutes
Once the pulao is properly cooked, transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot!
The best part of this recipe is that it can be made as a special lunch or dinner recipe and does not require any special side dish if one is running out of ingredients at home.
Just making quick raita by mixing curd with salt, onions and herbs makes a delicious accompaniment that can be eaten with the pulao recipe.
It tastes best with any kind of raita and can be served with any korma recipe too such as egg kurma or muttai kurma.
It tastes best with simple chutney recipes too such as tamatar ki chutney, onion tomato chutney, etc.
Tips and variations
- The quantity of the rice to water here should be 1:2 that is if 1 cup of rice is added then 2 cups of water is required if making pulao in a slow cooking method.
- You can also pre-cook the rice and refrigerate it. Heat it along with the masala and it should work fine.
- If making egg pulao in a pressure cooker, then just add 1.5 cups of water to 1 cup of rice and pressure cook for two whistles.
- You can add some saffron to this pulao, it gives a nice fragrance
1. How do I make perfect hard-boiled eggs for Egg Pulao?
To make perfect hard-boiled eggs, place the eggs in a saucepan, cover them with water, and bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 9-12 minutes. Then, transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. This method ensures fully cooked eggs with a creamy yolk.
2. Can I customize the level of spiciness in Egg Pulao?
Absolutely! You can adjust the spiciness to your preference by varying the amount of red chili powder and green chilies used in the recipe. If you prefer it milder, reduce the quantity of these ingredients, and for more heat, increase them.
3. Is Egg Pulao a complete meal on its own?
Egg Pulao can be a satisfying standalone meal, thanks to the combination of rice and protein-rich eggs. However, you can also pair it with side dishes like raita (yogurt with spices and herbs) or a simple salad to make it even more wholesome.
4. Can I add vegetables to Egg Pulao for extra nutrition?
Certainly! You can enhance the nutritional value of Egg Pulao by adding vegetables like peas, carrots, bell peppers, or beans. Simply chop the vegetables into small pieces and sauté them along with the spices before adding the rice.
5. How do I prevent the rice from sticking together in Egg Pulao?
To prevent the rice from sticking together, it’s essential to wash the rice thoroughly and soak it for about 30 minutes before cooking. This helps remove excess starch and ensures that the rice grains cook evenly and stay separate.
6. Can I make Egg Pulao in advance and reheat it?
Yes, you can make Egg Pulao in advance and reheat it when needed. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat it in a microwave or on the stovetop with a bit of water to restore its moisture.
7. What are some garnishes that complement Egg Pulao?
Common garnishes for Egg Pulao include chopped fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves, and a drizzle of ghee (clarified butter). These garnishes not only enhance the flavor but also add a delightful aroma to the dish.
In this article, we’ve shared a detailed recipe for making Egg Pulao that’s not only scrumptious but also easy to prepare. Whether you’re planning a special dinner or a quick weekday meal, this dish is a perfect choice that will surely impress your family and friends.
Elevate your culinary skills and savor the delightful taste of Egg Pulao with our comprehensive guide. Try it today, and you’ll find yourself coming back for more of this mouthwatering dish.
- Pulao Recipe | Veg Pulao – Recipes Plaza
- Beetroot rice recipe
- Manchurian rice recipe
- Chicken Biryani Recipe