This well-known baked delicacy, the chocolate brownie, needs no introduction. The majority of brownie recipes call for eggs, but this one doesn’t, so if you’re vegetarian, vegan, or allergic to eggs, you should try it.
This eggless brownie is not overly chewy or dense, but it is moist with a flaky crust and a slightly cake-like texture. This recipe utilizes curd (yogurt) and baking powder to make it eggless while using cocoa powder to give it a chocolaty flavor.
To make it more chocolaty and nutty, respectively, you can add chocolate chips and the nuts of your choosing in addition to the few basic components (read in tips and variations).To make the simplest but most delectable brownie without eggs, simply follow the instructions provided below.
Ingredients for Eggless chocolate brownies
- 100 gm All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 30 gm Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 175 gm Chocolate chopped
- 100 gm Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 175 gm Greek Yogurt
- 150 gm White Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
Instruction for Eggless chocolate brownies
- Set the oven to 180°C/350°FButter the baking dish’s sides before lining it with parchment
- paper or aluminum foil.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Butter and chocolate should be combined in a separate bowl and microwaved at 30-second intervals until the butter is melted. Add yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly. Stir well for one to two minutes.
- Mix until mixed after adding the liquid mixture to the flour mixture. The mixture will be relatively thick. You can either sprinkle the walnuts on top or fold them in.
- Pour into the baking pan that has been prepared, and bake for 40 minutes. At 35 minutes, start testing the brownies for doneness by poking a fork or toothpick through the center.
- After baking, let the brownies cool completely in the pan before turning them out onto a metal rack. Serve after cutting into slices.
In my oven, this dish needs to be baked for 40 minutes at 180C. Depending on the size of your oven, this time may change. After 35 minutes, begin testing the brownies for doneness by poking a fork or toothpick through the center. It is baked if the toothpick inserted into it leaves no crumbs or very few.
Greek yogurt should never be substituted with curd. Greek yogurt has a distinct consistency from homemade curd since it is thicker. Use a cotton towel to twice strain homemade curd.
Walnuts, almonds, pecans, peeled peanuts, and other nuts can be used as a topping or included in the batter. You can also include Oreo bits, chocolate chunks, and caramel candy.