This easy Eggless vanilla cake recipe makes a perfectly moist and flavorful sponge every time. Its sweet buttery flavor and light and moist texture make it perfect for celebrating any occasion! Easy to make with simple ingredients.
Generally, all cake recipes require using eggs to make it soft, and due to this, baking a cake at home becomes prohibitive if you don’t prefer to use eggs or follow a strict vegetarian food diet But This vanilla cake is made without eggs.
Unlike other Vanilla Cake Recipes, this recipe doesn’t use butter or condensed milk. Instead, it uses plain curd (yogurt), baking soda, and baking powder to make the cake spongy and fluffy.
You can absolutely add any kind of nuts or dried fruits to the eggless vanilla cake as the batter is on the thicker side. To make your eggless chocolate cake lighter, do not over-mix. It is always a hit whenever I serve this vanilla cake for dessert or at gatherings!
Ingredients for Vanilla cake
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Curd (yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Milk as needed to thin the batter a little
Instructions for Vanilla cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F) for 10 minutes.
- Grease the entire surface of a pan with oil or melted butter using a brush.
- Sprinkle some maida over it and Line the pan with parchment paper (or butter paper).
- Sift 1½ cups of all-purpose flour (maida) in a large bowl.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix well. You can sieve the mix if you need.
In another bowl take sugar, curd, and vanilla extract and mix well. Keep mixing till the sugar is melted.
- Mix well and keep the mixture idle for 5 minutes.
Now add in the flour mix and fold gently.
Mix well using a wired whisk or a spatula.
Break apart any lumps by tapping on them with the whisk, but be careful to not over-mix the batter.
- If you find the batter to be too thick, add a splash of milk to thin it out.
- Pour batter into the previously greased pan.
Place the cake pan in the preheated oven on the middle rack.
Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top crust is golden.
Check the doneness of the cake with a bamboo skewer. It should be clean with no sticky batter.
Place the pan on a wired tray or rack and let the cake cool to room temperature.
Run a knife on the sides of the pan. Place a cooling rack (or a plate) on the pan and invert both pan and rack to remove the cake from the pan easily.
Carefully remove the parchment paper. It will come out very easily.
- Decorate as your heart desires! The cake is ready to enjoy!
Serve Eggless vanilla cake on its own or garnish it with chocolate ganache or Nutella and nuts or vanilla cream frosting and serve as a dessert.
Tips and Variations
- Don’t keep the batter idle for a long time. After preparing the batter, bake it immediately. Otherwise, cake will not turn soft and spongy.
- This recipe works well with both all-purpose flour as well as unbleached pastry flour.
- Don’t worry about adding curd to the cake as you will not get the taste of curd in the cake.
- To make the vanilla cake less sweet, you can add ½ cup of sugar. You can also use jaggery, coconut sugar, or palm sugar.
- Don’t change the quantity and ratio of curd, baking soda, and baking powder as they all react with each other and help make the cake softer.
- Keep an eye on the cake as it bakes so that it does not brown too much.