There are various ways to fry fish, and each one produces wonderful and incredibly tasty results. Here, I used thick fish slices, prepared a mixture with a few masalas, covered the fish in the paste, and shallow-fried them until they were thoroughly cooked.
The fish should be evenly and thickly covered in masala. To ensure that the spices and masalas are fully absorbed, this must marinade for at least 30 minutes. Simply cook the fish meat until it turns a dark brown colour in hot oil in a pan or kadhai
A simple masala flavours the fish brilliantly and the rice flour coating makes it crisp when after fried. A crunchy golden brown exterior and soft flavourful fish inside –
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Ingredient for fish fry
- 500 grams fish
- 2 teaspoon crushed to paste ginger and garlic
- 2 tsp – red chilli powder
- 2 tsp – coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon yoghurt (curd}
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Oil to toast/deep fry
Instruction for fish fry
- Fish Fry, may be made quickly and with little effort. Start by giving the fish pieces a good wash with running water.
- Once completely dry, place in a strainer and wait for the water to drain.
- Add red chilli, turmeric powder, coriander powder, lime yoghurt, and required salt in a wide mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle a little water to make a paste-like consistency
- Coat the masala on all sides of the fish and marinate it.
- Marinate the fish for 1 hour.
- In a non-stick pan or cast iron tawa, add oil and let it heat.
- When hot, place the fish pieces and cook on a medium flame for 3-5 minutes.
- Wait until the bottom side cooks well/becomes crispy before flipping to the other side.
- Flip the pieces and cook the other side for 3-5 minutes.
- Fry both the sides till golden brown
Serve hot with onion and lemon wedges.
It goes best with rice and dal/lentil dishes like tomato pappu (thick dal), sambar, rasam, and pappu charu.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the fish touches the pan, be cautious not to touch it for a few minutes. This will guarantee that the masala sticks on the fish while it is being fried.
- Do not overcook the fish.
Also read: Vegetable Chow mein Recipe (Easy Step by step)
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube