Classic fruit cake made with soaked unsweetened dried fruit. A festive, flavorful, and moist fruit cake to enjoy all holiday season. This family recipe will make you a fruit cake convert!
You can easily produce soft, luscious cake using the fruit cake recipe. Making a classic fruit cake couldn’t be simpler or easier than this.
In this cake recipe, we boil the dried fruits in liquid to soften and plump them up, making the cake incredibly moist and delicious. One of the least messy methods we can make a fruit cake is the way we made this incredibly soft fruit cake.
A bread-like cake called Fruitcake is created with candied or dried fruits, nuts, and spices. Tradition dictates that both the fruit and the cake are soaked in alcohol. Usually served (and given) during the holidays, the delicious dessert. Christmas fruitcake lasts for months because it is heavily laced with alcohol.
This is one of the simplest and easiest version of making a traditional fruit cake.
Ingredient for fruit cake
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup nuts Almonds, Walnuts, or pecans (Chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Dates
- 1 Cup Dark Raisins
- 1 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1 Cup Dried Pineapple (Chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Glazed Cherries (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons Crystalized Ginger (Finely Diced)
- 3/4 cup apple juice or orange juice
Instruction for fruit cake
- Soak your dried fruit combination in apple juice or orange juice for at least 24 hours before baking the cake. Cover and leave soaking for several days or even overnight.
- To begin, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place aside.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Place aside.
- Butter, sugar, and brown sugar are combined in a mixing bowl and are creamed at a medium-high speed until frothy and light. After cleaning out the bowl, stir in the sour cream. Assemble by combining.
- Mix in the egg, lemon, and orange zest after adding them. Just slightly blend the dry ingredients in the mixer after adding them.
- Add any remaining fruit liquid together with the soaked fruit, chopped almonds, and crystallized ginger. To ensure that everything is distributed equally throughout the batter, fold it in by hand.
- Place the batter-filled pan on the middle oven rack and bake for 20 minutes. Bake for 1:30 to 2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Before removing the cake from the pan and letting it finish cooling on a cooling rack, let it cool for about 10-15 minutes
- Then, using the edges of the parchment paper to lift the cake out of the pan, move it to a rack to cool it completely.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum to store on the countertop.
- Transfer the wrapped fruitcake to an airtight container or tin. Seal the container and let age at room temperature for at least 10 weeks before serving.
also read: Pomegranate juice recipe