a creamy meal made with custard milk and a variety of chopped fruits. Bananas, apples, green and black grapes, pomegranate, and bananas are some of the usual fruits used in this recipe. Add chocolate syrup to the fruit salad with custard recipe to make it more decadent and a kid’s favorite
.This straightforward Fruit Custard dish combines fresh fruit with a smooth vanilla custard sauce. You’ve come to the right spot if you’re looking for a tasty, simple dessert that doesn’t require you to turn on the oven.
Using this method, you may make thick, creamy milk custard with delicious seasonal fruits for flavor and premade vanilla custard powder. This dessert is ideal for a children’s party or any gathering because it is simple to make, can be easily doubled or tripled, and can be made ahead of time.
It is simple to create and doesn’t require many ingredients; all you need is some decent custard powder, milk, sugar, and fruits. That’s pretty much all; the rest is up to you
INGREDIENTS FOR FRUIT CUSTARD
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons custard powder (or mango custard powder)
- 3 cups chopped Mixed Fruits (grapes, mango, banana, apple, strawberry, or pomegranate)
- pinch cardamom powder optional
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar or adjust to taste
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FRUIT CUSTARD
- On a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat, add 3 cups of milk.
- After it has warmed up a bit, remove 3 tablespoons of milk and place them in a small bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons custard powder. Mix thoroughly. No lumps should exist. Leave it alone.
- Between stirrings, allow the milk in the pan to heat and gently boil.
- When the milk has come to a gentle heat, add 5 tablespoons sugar or as required. Stir very well so that the sugar dissolves.
- Keep the flame on low and then add the custard paste or slurry in parts.
- Add a small amount at a time, mixing after each addition. Continuously whisk. Cook the custard for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Take the pan off the heat and give it a moment to cool.
- You can now add cardamom powder. (if using)
- After that, cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Chop all the fruits you’ll be using for the custard at the same time, then chill.
- Once the custard has cooled (at room temperature or in the fridge), add the mixed fruits.
- Mix well.
- Serve fruit custard garnished with some more fruits and pomegranate arils. Enjoy!
- You could also add some nuts and dry fruits like raisins, cashews, pine nuts, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, and pecans.
Tips and Variations
- Use whatever delicious seasonal fruit that is available. Melons and citrus fruits (like oranges) should not be used.
- Add vanilla or mango ice cream to the custard for an extra creamy flavor.
- Use flavored custard powder for variety.
- It may be offered as dessert following supper. It is the ideal meal to serve as dessert during a children’s party.
- After incorporating the fruits, cover the custard and place it in the refrigerator for one to two hours so the flavors can meld. After that, add pomegranate arils as a garnish and dish up the fruit custard in bowls.
It may be offered as dessert following supper
It can be served as a dessert after dinner. It’s a perfect dish to serve as a dessert in a kid’s party.
Saturated Fat: 2gram
Vitamin A: 285IU
Vitamin C: 2.3mg
Also read: Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube