This delicious grilled chicken sandwich recipe features tender grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce, tomato, and mayo sandwiched between two slices of toasted French bread. Bacon and provolone cheese can also be added to the sandwiches.
This grilled chicken sandwich recipe makes a simple and tasty weeknight dinner or a low-key weekend meal. This isn’t your ordinary grilled chicken sandwich. It is loaded with flavor and tastes very gourmet, but don’t worry, it’s super easy to make.
Seasoned grilled chicken breasts meet melty cheese, crispy bacon, lettuce, and tomato in this simple and satisfying recipe that’s a crowd-pleaser any night of the week.
For the tastiest results, always use the best quality ingredients you can access. The marinade is also a fabulous salad dressing so you can make extras and store them in a mason jar in the refrigerator — it will last for weeks that way.
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- ½ Cup Chopped and boiled chicken
- salt as required
- ¼ cup Red bell pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt and pepper if needed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 leaves of Lettuce romaine
- Tomato slices
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- ¼ cup Capsicum
- Sandwich buns of your choice
Instructions for Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Finely chop the boiled chicken in a bowl.
- Combine the finely chopped bell peppers, salt, pepper, and chaat masala in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken with the mixture on both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, and up to 8 hours.
- Heat up a grill, grill pan, or cast iron pan to medium heat, and add some butter to prevent sticking.
Lay the chicken onto the pan and cook each piece for 3 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before making the sandwiches.
- Apply butter on both buns and Pile a few lettuce leaves, several slices of tomato, and a piece of chicken. Add condiments if you wish.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate.
Place the buns on the grill for grilling the sandwich. Grill for 2-4 minutes.
Cooking time will vary depending on your grill and how thick your chicken is.
Once done, serve hot with your favourite dip.
BBQ Side Dishes
- Fresh Corn Salad – no cooking required
- Grilled Pineapple – side dish or dessert
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts – only 4 ingredients
- Potato Salad – 5-star recipe
- Balsamic Grilled Vegetables – a colorful side dish
- Classic Coleslaw Recipe
Tips and variations
- The secret to perfectly grilled chicken is even meat, so try to make sure that the entire breast is the same thickness.
- When making grilled chicken, be sure not to overcook.
- You can add more vegetables such as boiled potatoes, tomato slices and cucumber slices.