A somewhat spicy, delicious, and full meal called Hakka noodles can be eaten for breakfast, dinner, as a snack, or as a side dish at lunch. The Hakka Noodles Recipe is an easy and quick dish that may be prepared when unexpected guests arrive home or when schedules are tight due to work.
Hakka Noodles are made by boiling Hakka noodles and then blending them with sauteed veggies, soya sauce & spices.
the Indian style vegetable Hakka noodles have the following vegetables in it – onion, cabbage, bell pepper, and carrots.
Ingredients for Hakka noodles
- 200 gms Hakka noodles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum
- 1/4 cup cabbage
- 1 green chili sliced
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp green chili sauce
- 2 tsp garlic chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp red chili sauce
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp pepper
Instruction for Hakka noodles
Boil 4 cups of water along with salt and oil.
Add 150 gms Hakka noodles. I broke it into half and added.
- Cook the noodles for 2 to 3 minutes, tossing occasionally, until they are barely cooked (al dente). Noodles should not be overcooked or they will turn mushy.
Drain in a colander and rinse the noodles with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the noodles and toss so that the noodles get lightly coated with the oil and don’t stick to each other. Set it aside.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- first, add 2 tsp garlic finely chopped along with 1 tsp spring onion white part. Saute for 2 mins.
Add sliced onions and saute for a minute or two until the sides of the onion starts turning light golden brown.
Add in the sliced carrots, cabbage, and capsicum, and cook for 1 minute on high heat. The veggies should remain crunchy.
- Keep the heat high – Add 1 tsp soya sauce, 1/2 tsp green chili sauce, 1/2 tsp red chili sauce, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp vinegar, and required salt
- Give the vegetables a brisk toss to coat them in the sauces; this should be done quickly over high heat.
- Add the cooked noodles and 1 tablespoon of the green part of the spring onion last.
- Hakka noodles can be served by themselves or with your favorite Indo-Chinese meals! Mine is delicious with chili paneer.
- Add oil to boiling water so that the noodles don’t stick to each other once cooked.
- The veggies should be crunchy, not soft.
- You can also add chili sauce while adding soya sauce.
You may use any veggies of your choice here. Tofu and broccoli would work well too!
Check for salt and pepper and add more if required.
Garnish with 2 tablespoons of chopped scallion greens & serve hot.
You can serve these noodles on their own, with any Indo-Chinese appetizer, or with a gravy-like Indo-Chinese Veg Manchurian, Sweet and Sour Veg, Vegetables In Chilli Garlic Sauce, or Indo-Chinese Chilli Chicken.
You may also offer these as a side dish with Chinese Gravies, Starters, Fried Rice, and a dessert at your weekend brunch.
If you have leftovers, put them in an airtight container and put them in the fridge. They will keep for one or two days. Before serving, properly reheat the food.
Also read: Hot chocolate Recipe
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube