A quick and easy recipe for making Homemade Cheese that isn’t made with rennet, calcium, or citric acid. It is a great recipe to make at home because it can be used in many other recipes, including those for pizza, spaghetti, and a variety of deep-fried treats. Unhomogenized full-fat cream milk and white vinegar to curdle the milk are the primary components of this recipe.
If you enjoy Homemade Cheese as much as I do, you must try this simple handmade mozzarella cheese recipe. It can be utilized similarly to how store-bought cheese is. And you are fully aware of its ingredients.
Ingredients for a homemade cheese
- 2-liter full cream milk
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- Water for soaking
Instructions for homemade cheese
- Take 2 litres of full-cream milk to start. use any raw milk or make sure the milk is not homogenized.
- Milk should be heated while stirring constantly until it becomes lukewarm. The milk should be at a temperature of about 45 degrees Celsius.
now turn off the flame and add 1 cup vinegar.
- stir for exactly 25 seconds. do not overstir as the curd formed may break.
cover and rest for 20 minutes or until the curd is formed and the whey separates completely.
- Gently squeeze the curds after draining them over a colander.
take the whey water and add 1 tbsp salt. stir well.
- Water should be heated well, but not to boiling. The water should be about 80 degrees celsius in temperature.
turn off the flame and drop in squeezed curds.
- Stir and repeatedly submerge in boiling water. To remove extra water, gently squeeze.
again dip in hot water 5 times.
continue this step until the curds turn cheesy and smooth.
- Don’t stretch the cheese too far or it will get rubbery.
- dip in ice-cold water and rest for 2 minutes. This aids in the cheese’s complete setting.
- Refrigerate the cheese for two hours after wrapping it in plastic wrap.
- Enjoy the Homemade Cheese as is or in any of your favorite recipes.
What can you make with cheese?
- Cheese balls recipe – easy recipe of cheese balls made with potatoes, gram flour (besan), and cheese. for the type of cheese, you can use either cheddar cheese or processed cheese.
- Cheese Dosa Recipe – Cheese dosa is an easy and tasty dosa variety made with leftover dosa batter, cheese, onions and herbs. This cheese dosa recipe works very well as an after-school snack for kids or as a morning breakfast
- Cheese sandwich – crisp cheesy grilled sandwiches with Indian spices.
- Cheese chili toast – This is a tasty cheese toast spiced with chilies and ginger. A simple and easy toast recipe that can be made for a quick breakfast and snack.
- Cheese paratha – This is a delicious whole wheat unleavened flatbread stuffed with cheesy savory stuffing made with cheddar cheese, onions, green chilies, and black pepper. These cheese flatbreads make for a wholesome breakfast or brunch.
- Eggless cheesecake – creamy and soft baked eggless cheesecake. This recipe is a baked version and does need an oven. The recipe gives you a medium-sized cheesecake which is good for a small party in your home. You can even half the recipe if you want.
- Mac and cheese recipe – Macaroni and cheese is a classic American dish that is popular with everyone including kids. This Mac and Cheese Recipe is creamy, cheesy, and delicious.
- Cheese garlic bread – easy to make quick 15-minute cheese garlic bread recipe for those folks who want a quick breakfast or brunch. Use any bread and cheese of your choice.
- Mango Homemade cheesecake – This vegetarian no-bake cheesecake recipe has all the creamy goodness you crave, without using eggs or gelatin. You can also easily make this a vegan recipe if needed.
- Paneer cheese cutlet – crisp and tasty melt-in-the-mouth cutlets made with paneer and mozzarella cheese. these paneer cutlets are minimally spiced and have a soft cheesy, gooey texture inside due to the melted mozzarella cheese.
Tips and variations
- firstly, make sure to use unhomogenised milk only. do not ever try with homogenised milk.
- additionally, over-stretching the cheese will result in rubbery and chewy cheese.
- also, if the temperature of the milk is high while adding vinegar, you will end up having paneer and not cheese.