An Ayurvedic home treatment called Kadha can help you stay healthy, become internally stronger, and combat seasonal diseases. In essence, Kadha, also known as “Karha,” is an Ayurvedic beverage created using a variety of herbs and spices that are often cooked in water to extract their health benefits. The decoction is the least expensive at-home treatment to boost immunity and fight infections since it contains a variety of whole spices, ingredients, and herbs that are common in Indian households.
In India, Kadha is a traditional home remedy that is frequently cited as the best treatment for fever, sore throat, cough, and other ailments. The greatest way to ward off illness and protect yourself from seasonal diseases is with this concoction. At home, Kadha is made with ingredients like peppercorns, cloves, ginger, and tulsi leaves, which not only help with existing coughs and colds but also boost immunity.
An incredible Indian beverage called Kadha is quite old and has fantastic health advantages. Could you imagine preparing this immunity-boosting Kadha in just 5 minutes?
Winter is coming, and I thought it was a good time to offer my mom’s go-to home medicine, which we all grew up consuming.
Ingredient for kadha recipe
- 2-3 Cups of water
- ½ teaspoon Kali Mirch (Black Pepper)
- 5 grams Ginger
- 2 grams Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Honey or jaggery
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice Optional
- few leaves Tulsi
Instruction for Kadha recipe
- 3 cups of water should be added to a pot.
- Bring the water to a boil. At the same time, crush ginger, black pepper, cloves, and cinnamon using a mortar and pestle, into a paste
- Add some Tulsi leaves and these things to the water after it begins to boil.
- Cook this mixture for about 20 minutes on medium heat, or until the water levels are reduced by 50%.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into a cup. You can add some honey or jaggery for added flavor
- Enjoy a hot sip of your homemade Kadha!
Drink Kadha two to three times daily, about a half cup. Although we like making it fresh, this Kadha for cough and cold can be kept in a glass bottle at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Benefits of Kadha
- Helps in boosting long-term immunity
- Helps in detoxifying the body
- Helps with respiratory problems
- Helps in weight loss
- Helps in lowering blood pressure
|Folic acid (vitamin B9)||0.7mcg|