Indian Tricolour Cupcake is a Cupcake in three colours that resemble the Tiranga, the Indian flag. As everyone is aware, the three colours of our national flag are saffron, white, and green.
We will incorporate the same colours into our Indian Tricolour Cupcake. The purpose is to honour the national holiday and the spirit of liberty. Before we start baking our tricolour cupcakes, let’s talk about the fundamental framework.
Making the base is the first step in creating these cupcakes. It has green in colour. The cupcake will, in essence, be entirely green. We’ll use buttercream frosting to decorate using the colours white and saffron.
Enjoy these tangy and flavorful eggless lemon Indian Tricolour Cupcake with triple-coloured frosting as you celebrate the republic day
Ingredients for tricolour cupcake
- green food colour
- orange food colour
- decorating sprinkles
- 100 g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 50 gm unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ cup full-fat milk
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp full-fat yoghurt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Instruction for tricolour cupcake
- Oven: Preheat to 180 C. Eight muffin liners are used to line a muffin pan. Place aside.
In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Place aside.
- Butter and sugar are whipped till frothy. Add yoghurt and continue beating. Add the milk, then the lemon and vanilla extracts. to mix, and beat.
- Gently incorporate the sifted flour. Mix until well combined. Fill the muffin tray with the
- batter by spooning it in. A skewer inserted should come out clean after 20 minutes of baking.
- Place the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
For the buttercream
- To make butter fluffy, beat it. Beat in the vanilla essence after adding it. Incorporate the icing sugar thoroughly by adding it and beating for 3–4 minutes.
- Equally, divide the buttercream among the three bowls. Mix thoroughly after adding the orange colour to one. Mix thoroughly after adding green to another. Maintain white as is.
- Fix a 1-inch star tip to a disposable piping bag. Orange frosting should be placed on one side of the bag. Give the other a green filling. Put a dollop of white frosting in the middle.
- Apply light pressure as you slowly compress the icing toward the tip. To prevent icing from dripping out of the other end, twist the bag from top to bottom.
- To get the traditional cupcake icing, pipe the frosting in a fast spiral motion beginning at the outside. For each cupcake, repeat.
Decorate with white sprinkles or with any sprinkles of your choice.
tips and variation
- Make a homogeneous batter by thoroughly blending without lumps.
- Make sure to combine the saffron and green colour separately after splitting the batter.
- Never mix one spoon with three bowls. due to the fact that the colours blend.
- Pour the saffron batter last after the white batter and before the green batter.
Place the toothpick inside to see if it is clear.
You Might Also Like:
- Aate Ki Pinni recipe (aata ladoo)
- Garlic butter mushrooms recipe
- chhena Gaja recipe
- paneer burger recipe
- How to Make Cinnamon Tea for Weight Loss
- chicken chatpata recipe