Kakori kabab is made with minced lamb meat (or occasionally beef), which is mixed with various spices and herbs such as ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, and cardamom. The mixture is then shaped into small cylindrical patties and cooked over hot coals or in a tandoor (clay oven) until browned and cooked through.
Kakori Kebab is a popular Mughlai dish from the northern region of India, particularly from the city of Lucknow in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is named after the town of Kakori, which is located on the outskirts of Lucknow.
The unique characteristic of Kakori Kebab is that it is extremely tender and melts in the mouth due to the addition of papaya paste or raw papaya to the meat mixture, which acts as a natural tenderizer. The kebab is usually served hot with mint chutney, onion rings, and lemon wedges.
Kakori Kebab is a delicacy that is widely popular across India and is often served at special occasions and festivities. It is also a popular street food in Lucknow and other parts of northern India.
Ingredients for kakori kabab
- 500g minced lamb meat
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 cup raw papaya paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
Instruction for kakori kabab recipe
- Add minced lamb meat, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, cardamom powder, black pepper powder, red chili powder, raw papaya paste, lemon juice, and salt to a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly. Refrigerate for 2 hours, covered.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and stir in the ghee. Combine thoroughly.
- Preheat a charcoal barbecue or tandoor on high.
- Divide the meat mixture into small amounts and form each into little cylindrical patties to fit around the skewers.
- Cook the skewers on the grill or in the tandoor for 10-12 minutes, flipping occasionally, until evenly browned and cooked through.
- With mint chutney, onion rings, and lemon wedges, serve the Kakori Kebab hot.
- Take pleasure in your tasty homemade
serving suggestion for kakori kabab
- At a dinner party or gathering, serve Kakori Kebab as an appetizer or starter. Serve the kebabs on a dish with fresh mint leaves, sliced onions, and lemon wedges.
- Kakori Kebab goes well with hot naan bread, tandoori roti, or any other sort of Indian bread. It goes well with pita bread or lavash bread.
- Kakori Kebab goes well with fragrant basmati rice or biryani. This is a nice and filling supper.
- Serve Kakori Kebab with a fresh salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, and onions. For a refreshing touch, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- To summarise: To make a wrap, combine Kakori Kebab, lettuce, onions, and mint chutney.
tips and variation
- Use high-quality lamb meat that has been freshly minced for the finest flavor and texture. If at all possible, purchase it from a reputable butcher.
- Use raw papaya paste: Raw papaya is a natural meat tenderizer, which is necessary for the Kakori Kebab’s melt-in-your-mouth feel. Make careful you use fresh and ripe papaya to make a paste.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours: Marinating the meat for at least 2 hours, if not overnight, will help to enhance the flavor and tenderness of the kebabs.
- Don’t overcook the kebabs: Kakori Kebab is a delicate meal that, if overcooked, can turn tough. Cook the kebabs for 10-12 minutes on high heat, or until browned on the exterior and cooked through.
FAQs for kakori kabab
Q; How is Kakori Kabab made?
A: To make Kakori Kabab, minced meat (usually lamb) is mixed with a variety of spices such as ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, and garam masala. The mixture is then shaped into long, thin sausages and grilled over hot charcoal until golden brown and cooked through.
Q: Is Kakori Kabab spicy?
A: Kakori Kabab can be spicy, depending on the amount and type of spices used in the recipe. However, the level of spiciness can be adjusted to taste.
You Might Also Like:
- Paneer do pyaza recipe
- chicken chatpata recipe
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Paneer Dum Biryani Recipe
- Aloo paneer paratha recipe