khoya paneer is an easy and really very tasty recipe. It is perfect to pack in your kid’s lunchbox and absolutely love this recipe as any festival We have it with naan, and some tomatoes and onions on the side, and it is just heaven.
the most enjoyable gravy of khoya paneer is creamy and thick. If you make it too thin, then the paneer can become soggy. Use a minimal amount of water, and let the khoya dominate. You can also use the residue water seeped from the paneer to make it delicious.
Khoya is unsweetened milk solids and its addition makes the curry thick and rich not to mention delicious. This khoya paneer recipe is definitely a festival recipe and will delight your guests. Make it this Diwali and make your festival special.
Paneer or cottage cheese is a great source of calcium, fat, and protein. Do not be alarmed by the word “fat”. There are many types of fat, all of which are at some point, essential for a balanced diet. Paneer has linoleic fatty acid, which actually helps in elevating fat burning process in the body. Therefore, it is actually good for weight loss.
INGREDIENTS FOR KHOYA PANEER
- 200 gm. Paneer or cottage cheese
- 100 gm. Khoya
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 2 tbsp. cashew nut paste or powder
- 1 tsp. jeera or cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. crushed Kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar
INSTRUCTIONS FOR KHOYA PANEER
- Heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Once the oil becomes a little hot add cumin seed, and whole garam masala (cinnamon, cloves, big black cardamom, small cardamom, bay leaf) and sautés till the cumin seed becomes light brown.
- Now add onion and ginger garlic paste. Cook for about 5 minutes till the raw smell is gone and the onion is golden brown.
- Add finely chopped tomato and cook till the tomatoes become soft and mushy and all the water gets evaporated.
- Break khoya into small pieces and add to the paste.
- Cook till the khoya melts into the paste. If you want you can blend the masala paste in a blender after cooling it down.
- Grated khoya, stir it well, and cook it on medium flame till the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala, and coriander powder along with cashew nut paste. Add some water to thin down the gravy.
- Add salt, and sugar and cook the curry with a lid on low flame for about 10 minutes
- Add more water if needed. Check the seasoning and now add the paneer cubes.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle Kasuri methi.
- Garnish the khoya paneer curry with a swirl of fresh cream on top along with some grated paneer and chopped coriander.
- Khoya paneer is ready to serve.
It is one of the classic Indian recipes which can be paired with almost any Indian flat bread like plain roti, phulka roti, tandoori roti, paneer kulcha, butter naan, etc. for a simple meal.
However, make it a more scrumptious meal by adding tomato basil salad and gulab jamun to the menu.
Also, Serve with piping hot steamed basmati rice or jeera rice. Have some roasted papad and kachumber salad on the side for some crunch and fresh elements.
- Khoya Paneer is a really tasty and rich recipe that is mildly spicy. You can add more chili powder if you like it hot
- use fresh panner and fresh khoya to make tasty and delicious khoya panner
- Don’t overlook the paneer or it becomes stringy. Hence add it towards the end.
Also read: Fruit Custard Recipe (step by step)
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube