Kulfi is a popular frozen treat from the Indian subcontinent. It is frequently made with milk, sugar, and flavorings like cardamom, saffron, or rose water. Using condensed milk in kulfi recipes can be a tremendous time saver because it provides sweetness and richness to the dessert without the need for additional sugar or boiling down the milk.
The recipe for kulfi with condensed milk is simple and quick, as it only requires a few ingredients and can be prepared ahead of time. The combination of sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and whole milk provides a creamy base that freezes into a rich and tasty dessert.
Adding chopped nuts such as pistachios, almonds, or cashews can also give the kulfi a lovely crunch and texture. Kulfi can be unmolded and eaten on a stick once frozen, just like popsicles.
Overall, condensed milk kulfi is a delightful and simple dessert that may be enjoyed alone or as a pleasant treat on hot summer days.
I share many kulfi recipes on my website
Ingredients of kulfi recipe with condensed milk
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pistachios, almonds, or cashews)
- Kulfi molds or small cups
Instruction on kulfi recipe with condensed milk
- Whisk together the condensed milk, heavy cream, whole milk, and ground cardamom in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Incorporate the chopped nuts.
- Fill kulfi molds or small cups halfway with the mixture.
- Wrap each mold or cup with foil securely.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the foil and run the bottom of the mold or cup under warm water for a few seconds to loosen the kulfi.
- Slide the kulfi out of the mold or cup and serve immediately.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade kulfi!
- After the kulfi has frozen in the molds, remove them and slide a popsicle stick into each one. Serve the kulfi popsicles on a tray for a refreshing and simple dessert.
- Remove the kulfi from the mold and cut it into rounds. Plate the slices and top with chopped nuts or a drizzle of rose syrup or chocolate sauce.
- Serve the kulfi with fresh fruit slices such as mango, strawberries, or kiwi for a light and colorful dessert.
- Serve a slice of kulfi between two cookies for a fun spin on ice cream sandwiches.
Tips and variation
- To avoid burning the milk, use a nonstick or stainless steel pan. Aluminum pans should be avoided since they can react with acidic ingredients and impart a metallic flavor.
- To make your kulfi rich and creamy, use full-fat milk and heavy cream.
- To keep the mixture from adhering to the bottom of the pan, stir it often while cooking.
- Before freezing, add chopped nuts or other mix-ins to the kulfi mixture. This ensures that the ingredients are dispersed evenly throughout the kulfi.
- Before freezing, line the kulfi molds or cups with foil to prevent ice crystals from developing on the surface of the kulfi.
Can I substitute evaporated milk for condensed milk in Kulfi?
No, you cannot substitute evaporated milk for condensed milk in Kulfi. Evaporated milk is unsweetened and has a thinner consistency than sweetened condensed milk. The use of evaporated milk in kulfi produces a distinct texture and flavor from the traditional version.
Is it possible to create Kulfi without a mold?
Yes, kulfi can be made without mold. Pour the kulfi mixture into small paper cups or ramekins, cover with foil, and place in the freezer until firm. Once frozen, remove the paper and unmold the kulfi by briefly running the bottoms of the cups or ramekins under warm water.
Can I mix fruits into my kulfi?
Fruits can be added to kulfi. Before freezing, fold chopped fruits like mango, strawberries, or bananas into the kulfi mixture. Alternatively, before serving, top the kulfi with fresh fruit or a fruit compote.
Is it possible to make Kulfi ahead of time?
Yes, kulfi can be made ahead of time. It freezes well for up to a week, making it an excellent make-ahead dessert for parties or special occasions. Simply remove the kulfi from the freezer and set it aside for a few minutes before serving.
You Might Also Like:
- Doi Potol Recipe (Bengali Dahi Parwal)
- Sambar Vada Recipe (Hotel style Sambar Recipe)
- Dora cake – (fluffy dora cakes recipe)
- Paneer 65 Recipe (Paneer Fry Recipe)
- Orange Juice Recipe
- pudina chutney
- Mint chutney recipe
follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and youtube