Masala Oats is a mildly spiced Indian Style savory oatmeal breakfast porridge recipe prepared with mixed vegetables and Indian spices in Instant Pot. This savory steel-cut oatmeal is vegan, gluten-free, and great even for lunch or dinner!
while it is extremely simple to prepare an oats masala recipe, but few tips and variations before preparing it. firstly, adding vegetables is open-ended and it is completely up to the individual’s preference. moreover, this recipe can also be prepared without any vegetables.
A significant source of fiber is oats. They enable you to feel fuller for longer. oats are beneficial for losing weight. This simple recipe for masala oats is packed with vegetables. The masala oats recipe should be followed.
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants
This breakfast savory oats porridge (also known as oats upma, spicy oats, curry oats) is very easy to cook and healthy. It is also great for people on a diet and weight watchers, who can have it for dinner or lunch.
INGREDIENTS FOR MASALA OATS
1 cup rolled oats
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1-2 green chilies,
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp peas
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 8 – 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon finely chopped capsicum
- 1/2 tsp garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
INSTRUCTION FOR MASALA OATS
- you first need to roast the oats for 3-4 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin until it sputters.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the onion, and saute for a minute.
- Add the vegetables, peas, carrots, and capsicum. add salt to taste and saute for a minute
- now add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. for a minute.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, and red chili powder and mix again.
- Pour water as required and then add roasted oats.
- Add roasted
- Add soaked oats and put the heat on medium and stir until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Just before taking off the flame, add the coriander leaves as a garnish
- Serve and enjoy!
You can enjoy these spicy oats just as it is or add a dollop of fresh yogurt on the side and enjoy them. Garnish with some cilantro and roasted nuts.
lastly, always serve this recipe hot and immediately with a scoop of curd/yogurt and pickle if you like.
Tips and Variations
- Add vegetables of our choice or you can skip veggies and make simple onion, tomato masala oats.
- additionally, add chopped mint leaves along with vegetables, to enhance the flavours.
- Masala oats thicken as it cools down hence, adjust the consistency of the porridge by adding hot water before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- finally, masala oats is more healthy and tasty with spices and vegetables.
Also read: Vegetable Rolls Recipe – Recipes PLaza
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube