Mushroom pulao is a tasty Indian rice dish that combines mushrooms, aromatic spices, and basmati rice. The mushrooms are sautéed with onions, garlic, and other seasonings before being cooked in water or broth with rice until soft and fluffy. It’s a vegetarian and vegan-friendly recipe that goes well with other Indian curries or grilled vegetables as a main course or as a side dish. It is a quick and easy meal that is ideal for weeknight dinners or special occasions.
I share many Pulao recipes
Kabuli pulao Recipe (Afghani Pulao)
Mushroom pulao is a delicious rice dish made with mushrooms and fragrant spices. Here is a simple recipe to make this recipe
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups water
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
Instruction of Mushroom Pulao
- in a pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When they begin to sputter, add the chopped onions and cook until golden brown.
- Sauté for a minute with the garlic, ginger, and green chilies.
- Sauté the diced tomatoes until they become soft.
- Sauté the sliced mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt to taste. Stir thoroughly and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the drained rice thoroughly. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in 2 cups of water well. Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and leave the rice to cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Allow the mushroom pulao to rest for 5 minutes after turning off the heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
- Your delectable mushroom pulao is now ready to serve. Enjoy!
Serving suggestion of mushroom pulao
- For a filling lunch, serve mushroom pulao with refreshing cucumber raita and crispy papads.
- To add some freshness and crunch to the dinner, serve a simple salad of sliced onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and mint leaves alongside the mushroom pulao.
- On top of mushroom pulao, a spoonful of plain yogurt can help balance the flavors and offer a creamy texture.
- Spicy Indian pickles, such as mango or lime pickle, can be served alongside mushroom pulao to offer a flavor boost.
- Grilled or roasted vegetables like as bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant can be served alongside mushroom pulao for a complete and nutritious dinner.
Tips and variation
- Because of its particular scent and flavor, Basmati rice is the recommended rice for creating pulao. To achieve consistent cooling, soak the rice for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Fresh mushrooms taste and feel better than canned mushrooms. Before using, choose firm, fresh mushrooms and thoroughly clean them.
- Cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, and cardamom pods are whole spices that lend a depth of flavor to the dish. To bring out their flavors, toast them in heated oil before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Overcooking rice can cause it to become mushy and lose its texture. Cook the rice until just tender, then fluff it with a fork before adding it to the mushroom mixture.
- Spices should be adjusted: The number of spices in pulao can be changed to your preference. Begin with modest amounts and gradually increase as needed.
What kinds of mushrooms work best in mushroom pulao?
The most widely used mushrooms for pulao are button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms. Other species of mushrooms, such as shiitake, oyster, or portobello, can also be used.
Can I substitute brown rice for basmati rice in mushroom pulao?
Yes, you may use brown rice for basmati rice to make a healthier mushroom pulao. Brown rice, on the other hand, takes longer to cook than basmati rice, so adjust the cooking time appropriately.
Is it possible to prepare mushroom pulao in a pressure cooker?
Yes, mushroom pulao may be made in a pressure cooker for a speedier and easier alternative. Follow your pressure cooker’s directions and adjust the cooking time appropriately.
Is mushroom pulao a vegan dish?
It can be made vegan by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omitting any dairy products like ghee or yogurt.
You Might Also Like:
- Doi Potol Recipe (Bengali Dahi Parwal)
- Sambar Vada Recipe (Hotel style Sambar Recipe)
- Dora cake – (fluffy dora cakes recipe)
- Paneer 65 Recipe (Paneer Fry Recipe)
- Orange Juice Recipe
- pudina chutney
- Mint chutney recipe
follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and youtube