The mushroom tikka recipe is a yummy, easy and tasty recipe where you just need to marinate the mushrooms and then grill or bake the mushrooms in the oven. You can even use a tandoor or grill if you have these.
traditionally the tikka recipes are prepared in tandoor and hence it is mentioned as tandoori tikka recipes. however, in this recipe, the tikka is prepared on a tawa / grill which should have the same result, flavour, and taste.
Gram flour or besan is one of the main marinating ingredients along with ajwain or carom seeds. So the tikka does have the flavor of carom seeds. The rest of the spices and herbs all together enhance the overall taste and flavor of this dish.
tikka recipes are always ideal party starters or entree appetizers recipes for any occasion. mushroom tikka is one such recipe.
- 200 to 250 grams of button mushrooms
- ½ cup curd/yogurt (thick)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons besan (gram flour)
- ½ tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste or crushed ginger-garlic
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- few drops of lemon juice as required and lemon wedges to be served
- chaat masala to sprinkle
- salt to taste
- Rinse the mushrooms well in water.
Drain and wipe them dry.
- Add the yogurt or curd to a mixing bowl.
Add ginger-garlic paste, besan, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, chaat masala, and turmeric.
- Also add carom seeds, salt, and oil.
- Using a whisk, mix it all together. form a smooth and thick mixture.
- The marinade is now ready.
Add the mushrooms to the marinade. Make sure to clean and pat dry them before adding them to the marinade.
- Toss to combine so that all mushrooms are well coated with the marinade.
- cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- after marination, insert the marinated mushroom into wooden skewers.
- further, roast it on a hot tawa.
- also spread a tsp of oil over the tikka.
- roast on medium flame and keep flipping.
- roast all sides finally, sprinkle some lemon juice, chaat masala, and coriander leaves on the mushroom tikka.
- serve mushroom tikka immediately.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees c.
- arrange the mushrooms on wooden skewers.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or till the mushrooms are cooked and tender and are browned.
If you want you can sprinkle or spray some oil on the mushrooms after 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and Sprinkle some lemon juice, chaat masala, coriander leaves on the mushroom tikka.
- Serve mushroom tikka hot or warm.
You can serve this delicious Chicken Tikka along with Coriander Mint Chutney or Dahi Chutney with a side of some sliced onions and lemon wedges.
Tips and Variations
- firstly, make sure to marinate at least 30 minutes or extend till overnight, for the perfect restaurant-style tikka taste.
- If frying the mushroom tikka, then don’t add oil to the marination.
- Usually, restaurants add red food color to give it a nice bright red color, but I won’t recommend it.
- Do not add too much of Garam Masala, as it might leave a bitter taste in the Tikkas.
- Regular milk yogurt would work just fine for this recipe.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
Also read: Chocolate Coffee Recipe (2 ways)
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube