Unpolished broken wheat is used to make Namkeen dalia, a traditional breakfast alternative that is quite healthful. Broken wheat can be used in a variety of dishes. Unpolished broken wheat is used to make Namkeen dalia, a traditional breakfast alternative that is quite healthful. Broken wheat can be used in a variety of dishes.
Dalia is a favorite with Indians worldwide. Many of us have been experimenting with different flavors to delight our palates and try something new each time we eat! As we speak, Dalia has its very unique advantages. As we continue with the recipe, here are some more!
Namkeen dalia is a minimally spiced dish so the only spices used here are cumin seeds and turmeric. If you want you can add coriander powder, red chili powder but I like to keep this simple.
Dalia is considered to be one of the simplest and healthy food, low in fat & cholesterol, high in iron & fiber, good in carbs. Often recommended to growing up kids or people recovering from illness.
It just takes a few simple ingredients to make this Namkeen dalia and it’s done in no time. It’s also perfect for packing in lunchboxes and taking on a trip.
1. Rich in Fiber
Namkeen Dalia, crafted from cracked wheat, is a fiber-rich delight. Dietary fiber plays a crucial role in promoting digestive health by preventing constipation and ensuring a smooth digestive process. Including Namkeen Dalia in your diet helps maintain a healthy gastrointestinal system.
2. Nutrient Powerhouse
This recipe incorporates a medley of vegetables, each bringing its unique set of vitamins and minerals to the table. From carrots providing Vitamin A to peas contributing Vitamin C, Namkeen Dalia ensures you receive a diverse range of essential nutrients in every bite.
3. Low in Calories
For those conscious of their calorie intake, Namkeen Dalia is a perfect choice. Its low-calorie content makes it an ideal option for individuals aiming to manage their weight without compromising on flavor. Enjoy a satisfying meal without the guilt.
4. Balanced Nutrition
Combining cracked wheat and vegetables in Namkeen Dalia creates a well-balanced meal. The dish offers a mix of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, contributing to sustained energy levels and keeping you full for an extended period.
5. Weight Management Support
The high fiber content not only aids digestion but also promotes a feeling of fullness. This, coupled with the balanced nutritional profile, makes Namkeen Dalia a valuable ally in weight management journeys.
Ingredients for Namkeen dalia recipe
- 1 cup Daliya (broken wheat)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 1 chopped green chili optional
- 2 medium chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 small Tomato,chopped
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Instruction for Namkeen dalia
Heat ghee or oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, and chopped green chilies.
When the seeds start to crackle add in onions. Stir and cook for around 3 minutes until the onions soften.
Then, add ginger-garlic paste to it and fry it for a minute.
Add in the Peas, tomatoes, and carrots. Cook for 1 minute, or until they are just starting to soften.
Also, add the daliya and stir fry everything till it become slightly white in colour and start giving a nice aroma.
- Pour two cups of water. Depending on the consistency you like, you can adjust the amount of water.
Add turmeric and salt to taste. Stir and close the lid.
- Cook for 3-4 whistles or until soft. Allow it to cool down completely.
- Open the pot and give it a stir. Garnish with cilantro and serve. You can also squeeze some lemon juice before serving.
This vegetable daliya absorbs all the water and dries up quite a bit as it cools down. So, it is best served warm. But if you have leftovers, you will need to add some water while reheating it, either on stove top in a pan or using a microwave.
Tips and Variations
- You can add more spices here like coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, etc.
- Cooking time depends on the size and quality of the daliya so cook accordingly
- Add as many vegetables as you like. This veggie dish pairs well with tomatoes and peppers. Add some chopped spinach if you’d like. Spinach should be added if used after the pressure cooking is complete.
- You can serve it with some butter on top. It tastes really good that way even though I usually just have it as it.
- Adjust the consistency of this vegetable daliya to your preference. You can add more water to make it thinner.
1. Can I customize the Namkeen Dalia recipe?
Certainly! The Namkeen Dalia recipe is versatile, allowing you to customize it to suit your taste preferences. You can experiment with different vegetables, adjust the spice levels, or pair it with various accompaniments like yogurt or chutney.
2. Is Namkeen Dalia suitable for weight management?
Yes, Namkeen Dalia is an excellent choice for weight management. Its high fiber content promotes a feeling of fullness, and being low in calories, it supports weight-conscious individuals without compromising on taste.
3. How can I serve Namkeen Dalia?
Namkeen Dalia can be served in various ways. Enjoy it on its own as a wholesome meal, or pair it with yogurt for a creamy texture. Adding a dollop of chutney can provide an extra kick of flavor.
4. Can I make Namkeen Dalia in advance?
Yes, Namkeen Dalia can be prepared in advance. You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
5. Are there variations to the Namkeen Dalia recipe?
Certainly! You can experiment with different spices, vegetables, and even protein additions like tofu or paneer to create unique variations of Namkeen Dalia according to your preferences.
6. Is Namkeen Dalia suitable for a heart-healthy diet?
Yes, the inclusion of whole grains in Namkeen Dalia makes it suitable for a heart-healthy diet. Whole grains are associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Paneer do pyaza recipe
- Mushroom Pakoda recipe
- chicken chatpata recipe
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Paneer Dum Biryani Recipe
- Aloo paneer paratha recipe