Oats uttapam is a fantastic option for breakfast because it is topped with a variety of nutritious vegetables and looks colorful. Your kids will undoubtedly enjoy it. This can be served with any chutney of your choosing. But it pairs wonderfully with coconut and tomato chutney. Sambar is not necessarily a bad concept.
The majority of people believe that nice food cannot be healthy. But this is untrue. There are numerous such dishes that are delicious and nutritious. This wonderful recipe is for you if you enjoy South Indian food. You must be familiar with the name Uttapam. This is well-known among U.S. meals.
Manganese, selenium, and phosphorus are all abundant in oats. The soluble dietary fibre, iron, magnesium, and vitamin B1 they contain are all abundant in them. According to studies, a healthy weight can be maintained by starting the day with a nutritious, fiber-rich meal like oats. Of all breakfast foods, oats have been determined to have the highest satiety value, resulting in a longer-lasting feeling of fullness.
You can try oats uttapam if you don’t want to sacrifice your flavor in the name of weight loss. It is incredibly simple to make and looks delicious to eat. It only takes a few minutes to prepare using the breakfast recipe. Let’s discuss how to prepare oat uttapam (Oats Uttapam Recipe). Additionally, we discuss the components that were employed in it.
Health Benefits of Oats Uttapam
1. Fiber-Rich Goodness
Oats are renowned for their high fiber content, which makes Oats Uttapam an excellent choice for those looking to boost their fiber intake. Fiber aids in digestion, keeps you feeling full for longer, and supports a healthy gut.
2. Wholesome Nutrition
The incorporation of oats into Uttapam adds essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to the dish. These nutrients contribute to overall well-being and provide a great start to your day.
3. Heart Health
Oats are known for their heart-healthy properties, thanks to their beta-glucan content. Beta-glucans help lower cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Ingredients for Oats Uttapam
- 2 Cups Instant Oats (Quick Cooking Oats)
- 1/4 Cup Semolina Rava or Soji
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Thick Unsour Curd)
- 2 Green Chillies (Finely chopped)
- 2 Inch Ginger (Finely grated)
- Few curry leaves
- 1Teaspoon Baking soda (Eno fruits salt)
- 1 large Carrot (Finely grated)
- 1 medium size Capsicum (Finely chopped)
- 1 medium size Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1 Tomato (Finely chopped)
- Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
Instructions for Oats Uttapam
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables (carrot, capsicum, tomato, and onion). Place aside until use. This mixture called Topping.
- Oats should be processed into a fine powder in a blender. Add the curd and blend the mixture into a paste. This should be placed in a bowl with some water.
- After that, stir in the sooji, ginger, chilies, curry leaves, and salt. Give it 10 minutes to sit.
- When necessary, add extra water. Next, stir in the eno salt.
- Heat a nonstick tawa and using a paper towel lightly oil it.
- A ladleful of batter, some topping, and oil are added to the pan. Cook for two minutes on medium heat with a lid on.
- Turn it over and cook the second side for a minute as well.
- With any chutney, remove and serve.
- Avocado Slices: Creamy avocado slices add healthy fats and a buttery texture.
- Nuts and Seeds: A sprinkle of crushed nuts and seeds offers a delightful crunch and nutritional boost.
Always serve Oats Suji Uttapam hot or warm. You can garnish it with some grated cheese on top. Relish this Instant Oats Uttapam recipe for breakfast, brunch, or even during meals.
You can serve them with any coconut chutney, garlic chutney, pickle, podi, green chutney, tomato chutney, fresh homemade curd, or Sambar.
- The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- It’s important to grease the pan before making uttapam or dosas.
- Also, the heat should be medium else they might get burnt.
- The batter has to be of thicker consistency for uttapams just like idli batter.
Can I use instant oats for oats uttapam?
Yes, you can use instant oats for making oats uttapam. However, keep in mind that instant oats tend to absorb more liquid compared to rolled oats. Adjust the amount of water accordingly to achieve the right consistency of the batter.
How do I make oats uttapam without fermentation?
If you want to make oats uttapam without fermentation, you can skip the fermentation step and prepare an instant version. Simply blend together oats, rice flour, lentil flour (like urad dal flour or besan), yogurt, water, salt, and any desired spices or vegetables. Let the batter rest for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld before making the uttapams.
Can I add vegetables to oats uttapam?
Absolutely! Oats uttapam can be customized with various vegetables of your choice. Finely chopped onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, grated carrots, and chopped coriander are popular options. Sprinkle the vegetables on top of the uttapam batter just after pouring it onto the pan.
Can oats uttapam be made without oil?
Yes, you can make oil-free oats uttapam by using a non-stick pan or a well-seasoned cast-iron griddle. The non-stick surface will require minimal or no oil for cooking the uttapams
Oats Uttapam is a culinary masterpiece that effortlessly combines taste and nutrition. By following these simple steps, you can create a plateful of Oats Uttapam that will not only satisfy your cravings but also contribute to your overall well-being. This recipe is a testament to the fact that healthy eating can be both enjoyable and exciting.