A simple, flavorful egg omelette curry made in Bengali style is a perfect side dish for hot steamed rice or paratha. Making Egg Omelette Curry is very simple and it is a beginner-friendly recipe.
Make this delicious curry if you have a leftover omelette. a delectable dish with a chopped omelette served over a tomato base. Serve it alongside rice or rotis. This dish for Omelette Curry is fantastic
We love egg curry recipes, and omelette curry is one of our favourites. It’s a great way to turn your delicious Indian masala omelette into a scrumptious meal. Omelette Curry is a bit of an elaborate recipe with several steps, but the final result is rewarding and more than worth the slight effort.
Ingredients For Omelette Curry
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Oil as needed
- 3 tablespoon Mustard Oil
- 2 Medium Onions Finely Sliced
- 1 Medium Tomato Chopped
- 2 Dry Bay Leaves
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
Instruction for an Omelette Curry
- 3 tablespoons of mustard oil are heated in a skillet until it reaches the smoking stage. Add 2 dried red chilies, 2 dried bay leaves, 3 cloves, 2 cardamoms, and 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds while it is seething.
add 2 medium onions finely sliced. Fry on low flame until the onions are light golden brown and soft. Now add 1 medium tomato finely chopped. Cook it on low flame until the tomatoes are mushy. Add 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add one tablespoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder, one teaspoon each of cumin, coriander, and turmeric powder, and one teaspoon of each. For a few minutes, cook.
- Add about ¼ cup of water and cook on medium flame.
- It should thicken and oil should start to drip down the pan’s sides in about two to three minutes.
- Add about 2 cups of water and cook the gravy for 3-4 mins.
- In the meantime, preheat a small omelette pan. Break open the eggs and combine them in a bowl with 1/2 cup finely chopped onions and 1 finely chopped green chilli. Beat the eggs until they are foamy and light in colour.
Cook on both sides until golden brown and remove from heat. I made 2 omelettes.
- Cut the omelettes into quarters of equal size.
- Add the cut omelette pieces into the gravy, coat them on both sides
- Cooking the gravy covered for 4-5 minutes will bring it to a boil. Get rid of the heat.
- Serve hot with chapattis or rice.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tips and variations
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- This curry is best eaten fresh. So cook and eat it on the same day.
- Cook the spices and onion-tomato paste until the oil/masala starts to leave the pan.
- Cut the omelette into pieces and then carefully add it in the gravy.