Oreo mug cake is a quick and easy dessert recipe that can be made in a mug and cooked in the microwave. It’s a popular treat among Oreo cookie lovers because it incorporates the delicious flavors of Oreo cookies into a warm, moist cake.
The Oreo flavor in this mug cake is authentic. Inquiring as to why. because crushed Oreo cookies are used in its creation! You won’t believe how simple this TikTok technique is to use to create a fluffy cupcake.
This dish was absolutely unexpected in so many ways. The texture was shockingly light (or lighter than I had anticipated), contrary to what I had expected. Baking powder was an additional item I used to achieve a more cake-like texture rather than one that was dense and chewy.
With only a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand and a short amount of preparation time, you can easily prepare this Oreo Mug Cake. All that’s left to do is grab a spoon and enjoy because it just takes under two minutes to bake in the microwave.
Ingredients for Oreo mug cake
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Oreos (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream (for garnishing)
Instructions for Oreo mug cake
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and finely chopped Oreos in a small bowl. Assemble by combining. Use a knife to cut the Oreo, or put it in a plastic bag with a zip-top and use a rolling pin to crush it.
- Combine the butter, milk, and vanilla extract in a cup. then, until the butter is completely melted, microwave for 35 to 45 seconds.
- Mix the dry ingredients in the mug after adding them.
- 70 to 90 seconds at 100% power in the microwave. When the top of the cupcake is firm and set, it is ready.
- Before eating, give the cupcake some time to rest. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and Oreos.
Mug cakes are intended to be consumed immediately. If you do have any leftovers, you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to two days. Make careful to microwave the cake again to reheat it slightly.
Variations of Oreo Mug Cake
1. Peanut Butter Bliss
Add a spoonful of peanut butter to the batter for a rich, nutty twist that pairs perfectly with the Oreo goodness.
2. Double Trouble
Crush some extra Oreos to sprinkle on top of your mug cake before microwaving for an extra chocolatey crunch.
3. Minty Fresh
For a refreshing touch, mix some crushed mint chocolate or a drop of peppermint extract into the batter.
- The strength of your microwave will determine how long it will take. I heated my cake in my 950-watt microwave for 60 seconds.
- When served warm with ice cream and/or chocolate syrup, this cake is delicious.
- You can also incorporate any of the following ingredients into the batter (I suggest 1 tbsp): chips of chocolate, raspberry, caramel chips, Oreos in pieces, or whatever else catches your attention!
- Q: Can I use any Oreo cookies for the mug cake?
A: Yes, you can use any flavor of Oreo cookies you like, such as original, double-stuffed, or flavored varieties like mint or golden Oreo. Feel free to experiment with different flavors to suit your preferences.
- Q: Can I substitute the milk in the recipe?
A: Yes, you can use alternative milk options like almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk if you prefer. Just keep in mind that different types of milk may slightly alter the taste and texture of the final cake.
- Q: Can I make the Oreo mug cake without a microwave?
A: Yes, if you don’t have a microwave or prefer not to use one, you can try baking the mug cake in a preheated oven at around 350°F (175°C) for about 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake and adjust the baking time as needed until it is fully cooked.
- Q: How should I adjust the cooking time for different microwave wattages?
A: The cooking time provided in the recipe is a general guideline, and actual cooking times may vary depending on your microwave’s wattage. If you have a lower-wattage microwave, you may need to increase the cooking time by 30 seconds to 1 minute. Conversely, if you have a higher-wattage microwave, you may need to reduce the cooking time by 30 seconds to 1 minute to prevent overcooking.
- Q: Can I store leftover Oreo mug cake?
A: Oreo mug cakes are best enjoyed fresh and warm. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. Keep in mind that the texture may change slightly after being refrigerated, but you can reheat the cake in the microwave for a few seconds to make it warm again before eating.
In the world of quick and satisfying desserts, the Oreo mug cake reigns supreme. With just a handful of ingredients and a microwave, you can whip up a delectable treat that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight. Whether you’re craving a solo indulgence or looking to surprise friends and family with a delightful dessert, this Oreo mug cake is sure to impress.
So, the next time you find yourself yearning for a sweet escape, reach for your favorite Oreos and create this scrumptious masterpiece in a mug.
- You Might Also Like:
- Paneer Dum Biryani Recipe (Easy Paneer Biryani)
- How to make chenna
- Handi Paneer RecipeBlack Lentils Recipe
- Til laddu recipe (til ke laddu)