A well-known and beloved paneer curry from an Indian restaurant called paneer do Pyaza. Cubes of paneer and onion are cooked in a flavorful stew made from rich onion, tomato, and cashew sauce. This restaurant-style paneer dish has Mughlai flavors and is incredibly flavorful.
It’s common knowledge that Indian paneer curry dishes have a rich, creamy flavor and texture. It is because the paneer plays the role of the star component, while the other ingredients take the supporting and auxiliary roles.
Indians love paneer dishes. Especially while preparing a vegetarian version of any non-vegetarian dish, paneer is a handy replacement. In this Do pyaza dish meat is replaced with paneer and that makes this Restaurant style Paneer Do pyaza a perfect vegetarian paneer dish with flavours of Mughlai cuisine.
There are various paneer curry recipes available, such as paneer do pyaza, in which paneer and onions play equal roles and create a well-balanced stew.
Ingredients for paneer do pyaza
- 300 g paneer
- 2 Onions one cut into cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- water as required
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
Instruction for paneer do pyaza
- Peel and rinse the onions. Rinse the tomatoes.
- The onion should be peeled and divided into 6 equal pieces. To utilize the onion layers in this dish, you must separate them.
Finely chop 1 onion and keep aside.
- Cut the remaining onion into 4 equal parts and separate its layers.
- Finely chop 1 tomato and crush the remaining 2 tomatoes into puree.
Cut paneer into 1-inch cubes.
Heat butter in a pan.
Shallow-fry onion layers until light brown. Transfer them to a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pan.
- add 1 tsp cumin, ½ inch cinnamon, and 3 pods of cardamom. Keep the heat from low to medium all this while
sauteing until the spices turn aromatic.
- Now add chopped onion and sauté until light brown. also, add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste; sauté for a minute.
- Add crushed tomato puree and chopped tomato and sauté them.
Mix and stir the masala mixture very well and sauté on low to medium-low heat until the oil begins to release from the sides.
Keep heat to a low and add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, and garam masala powder.
saute until the spices turn aromatic.
Then add the blanched and sautéed onion layers. Mix and sauté for 2 minutes on low heat.
Add the paneer cubes.
now add 2 cups of water and mix well adjusting the consistency.
cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the flavors are absorbed well.
- You can also add kasuri methi at this step. Mix Gently
- Delicious and rich restaurant-style paneer do pyaza is ready.
Tips and variations
- You can make paneer do pyaza with any type of onion – red, white or yellow.
- Adjust the amount of red chilli powder and green chili to make it as spicy as you like it.
- For best results, I suggest making the do pyaza recipe with homemade paneer.
- also, to make the gravy creamy, you can add 1 tbsp cream at the end.
- additionally, you can use ghee in place of butter for variation in flavor.
- Paneer do pyaza, one of the easy paneer dishes recipes, uses sugar to balance out the sour taste of tomato. You can avoid it if you do not like even the mildest hint of sweet taste in curry.