The paneer tikka sandwich is a Lip-smacking tikka laden with all the deliciousness of paneer cubes with spices making a fantastic morning breakfast dish. This sandwich grill is an authentic street-style toaster that packs and cooks the bread to create an attractive sandwich dish.
The paneer tikka sandwich is simple and quick to prepare, and you may add other toppings such as bell peppers, etc. This is also an excellent tiffin box dinner for children.
The tastes in this dish are complex, thanks to the spices in the marinade and the paneer being cooked until it has a beautiful char. Of course, there’s the cheese! Everything is sandwiched between two slices of crusty bread that have been well-toasted. This is flawless in every way!
First and foremost, the bread slices used in these sandwich recipes are made with white flour. It can readily keep any form when toasted, making it ideal for this sandwich recipe. This is a really flavourful sandwich that you will surely love.
Serve the High Protein Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich with Tandoori Mayo as a wholesome one-dish dinner for those busy weeknights. You can also serve it for breakfast with a cup of hot Masala Chai.
Ingredients for Paneer tikka sandwich
For paneer tikka
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese), cut into cubes
- ¾ cup curd (thick)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 2 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 medium-sized Capsicum- cut into cubes
- salt to taste
- 1 Pack of White/Brown Bread
Instructions for panner tikka sandwich
- Now we will make a marinade for Paneer.
- firstly, in a large bowl take ¾ cup of curd.
- Add Ginger-Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala Powder, and Chaat Masala. Now add Salt to taste and mix well.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined. Now add 2 tsp roasted gram flour and mix well. Gram flour helps in binding.
- The marinade is now ready. Ensure there are no lumps in this marinade.
- Add Paneer Cubes, Capsicum cubes, tomatoes, and chopped Onions and mix well.
- Let this marinade rest for 30 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. After the Oil gets heated, add marinated Paneer. Cook on medium heat for a min.
- Stir and cook till the mixture is cooked evenly.
- We have cooked Paneer for 2 mins more and have removed excess moisture.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool down completely.
- To prepare sandwiches, spread butter on bread slices.
- Now put some Paneer filling on this slice. Gently press to level the filling and make an even layer. close it with another bread slice.
- Similarly, we will make other sandwiches and then grill them together.
- Heat the grill pan on high heat.
- Put some butter and smear the tawa or grill pan with this butter. Now place a sandwich in the Pan.
- Grill the sandwich till golden brown from both sides and remove the sandwich from the grill.
- Similarly, grill the remaining sandwiches.
- A bit tangy and spicy Paneer Tikka Sandwiches are ready to serve.
Serve the Paneer Tikka Sandwich as a wholesome one-dish dinner for those busy weeknights. You can also serve it for breakfast with a cup of hot Masala Chai.
You can pack it in aluminum foil and give it to your kids in their lunch boxes. This is my favorite evening snack I enjoy it with a cup of coffee
Tips and Variations
- If you don’t have a grill pan, you can even use your regular tawa for making sandwiches.
- If preparing for adults, prepare spicy stuffing else the sandwich will not taste good.
- further, grill on low to medium flame to get a crispy outer layer.
- finally, the paneer tikka sandwich tastes great when prepared spicy and crunchy.
You Might Also Like:
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Methi Matar Malai recipe
- How to make chenna
- Handi Paneer Recipe
- ‘Black Lentils Recipe
- Til laddu recipe (til ke laddu)