Pizza Paratha is a delicious, cheesy Indian bread made by stuffing veggies & cheese in sauce topped with wheat flour dough and cooked like roti. This recipe is filled with some veggies, seasonings, and cheese, kids will love it for sure.
It is a unique fusion recipe combining the north Indian paratha recipe with the Italian pizza recipe. it has gained a lot of popularity, especially with kids, and is an ideal lunch box or kids’ snack recipe.
Pizza Paratha with pizza flavour and gooey cheese fulfills pizza cravings in a healthy way; kids will love it for sure. It can be relished for dinner or as a snack for special occasions.
Pizza paratha is made with a stuffing of veggies, mozzarella cheese, mixed herbs, and spices. And for making parathas’ outer cover, wheat flour and all-purpose flour are used. This is an Indian-style paratha with a western touch.
Ingredients for Pizza Paratha
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- water as needed
- 1 cup diced or grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- ½ cup capsicum finely chopped (green and red capsicum)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- oil for roasting
Instructions for Pizza Paratha
In a wide mixing bowl add wheat flour, and salt and first give a quick mix for salt to be even.
Now add the oil.
- mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- Add in water slowly and knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- grease the dough with oil to prevent it from drying.
The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non-sticky at this stage.
- Cover the dough with a bowl and set aside for 30 mins.
- meanwhile prepare the stuffing by taking 1 cup diced or grated mozzarella cheese, ½ cup finely chopped onion, and ½ cup finely chopped capsicum in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt to taste and Mix it well
Now add oregano and chili flakes. Mix well and set aside.
- now once the dough has rested, pinch a ball-sized dough and flatten it.
- Flour the surface and Roll the dough ball into a small circular disk.
Spread pizza sauce on one paratha.
- place 1 tbsp full of prepared pizza stuffing in the center.
Now place another paratha on it and seal the edges by folding it inwards.
- place the paratha on a hot tawa Drizzle oil and cook on both sides until golden brown spots appear here and there.
- When the bottom side of the paratha looks a little golden, flip it.
- Now spread 1 teaspoon of oil on the paratha. You can use butter or ghee instead of oil.
- Again flip the paratha.
- Remove the paratha from the tawa and gently cut it into pieces.
- finally, serve hot pizza paratha or cheese paratha with sauce.
Serve missi roti hot or warm with any vegetable dish, dal or with a pickle or curd or butter. It tastes so good that you can just have it plain also without any accompaniment. For best taste have them hot or warm.
Tips and variations
- firstly, finely chop all vegetables, else it will be difficult to roll.
- You can add any veggies of your choice.
- You can add 1-2 tomato ketchup to the cheese stuffing. But don’t add too much, it will tear the paratha.
- also, I have used mozzarella cheese, however, you can use any cheese instead of mozzarella cheese.
- Also, you can increase or decrease the quantity of cheese as per your choice.
- additionally, make sure to stuff the stuffing well, else the cheese will melt and woose out while roasting.