Pyaz ki kachori is a snack that is crispy and flaky from the outside and has a filling of pyaaz on the inside. These pyaz kachoris are so delightful and delicious and can be consumed as snacks during tea time.
It is a crisp and flaky deep-fried snack recipe made with plain flour and onion stuffing. khasta kachori is famous across India and is made with myriad stuffing including peas, moong dal, and potatoes. but this recipe of kachori is made with an easy and simple stuffing of spiced onions.
Made using all-purpose flour, onions, green chillies and a melange of spices, this snack recipe is perfect for family get-togethers. You can serve this mouth-watering delight with tamarind or green chutney and a beverage of your choice to make it even more flavourful.
These popular and delicious kachoris are filled with caramelized spicy onion filling. Serve these as an evening snack with your favourite chutney. Pyaz ki kachori is usually deep-fried to make it crunchy and crispy but some people prefer to bake it.
What’s more, if you have friends coming over for a special party, then you can pair Pyaaz Ki Kachori with something sumptuous like Aloo Methi or Aloo Jeera.
Let’s begin pyaz ki kachori recipe.
Ingredients for Pyaz kachori
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- water to knead
- oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 Onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin/jeera
- ½ teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf), coarsely crushed
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Salt, to taste
Instructions for Pyaz kachori
- For preparing the dough, take a bowl and add all-purpose flour, salt, and ghee.
- crumble and mix well making sure the dough holds its shape.
- in addition, add water little by little and knead.
- knead well till you form a smooth and soft dough.
- keep aside for 10-15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, on a chopping board, chop the onions and green chillies finely.
- Now, place a pan over medium flame and add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, add ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp fennel and pinch hing. saute till it turns aromatic.
- now add 2 chillies, and ½ tsp ginger paste and saute for 30 seconds.
- Saute well and let the mixture turn to cook.
- furthermore, add 2 onions and saute until it changes colour slightly.
- keeping the flame on low, add ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp aamchur, ¼ tsp sugar and Salt, to taste.
- Mix well all the ingredients. saute on low flame till it turns aromatic.
- additionally, add ¼ cup besan and roast well.
- Mix well to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly coated. Once the oil separates in the pan, take it off the flame and let it cool.
pyaz kachori preparation:
- Now extract a small portion of the dough and make small dough balls.
- spread it using your hand and keep it thick in the central and thin at the edges.
- Next, add the spoonful of filling to it.
- get the edges together and form a bundle. close the top by pressing and flattening.
- furthermore, gently press the edges and flatten them to form a poori size.
- Repeat the process with all the kachoris. Ensure that the stuffing doesn’t break out.
- Now, place a deep-bottomed pan over medium flame and heat refined oil in it.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add the raw kachoris
- do not touch it for a minute or till they float.
- then press with the spoon to puff up. turn around and fry the kachori till it turns golden brown all over.
- Once the kachoris are done, place them on a plate lined with absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chutney and as a side with tea or coffee.
Serve hot with chutney and as a side with tea or coffee.
Serve this crispy and mouth-watering Pyaz Kachori with Dhaniya Pudina Chutney and Date and Tamarind Chutney for your evening snacks or tea party snacks. You can also serve it as an appetizer for a potluck or as a starter for your dinner parties.
Tips and Variations
- firstly, fry onion kachori on medium flame else they will not be crispy.
- furthermore, you can use a rolling pin to flatten kachori.
- Moreover, you can change the filling to suit your tastes.
- Moreover, adding oil or ghee when mixing the dough makes kachori excellent.
- Finally, you can make pyaz kachori chat and keep these in an airtight container.
Also read: Chicken Momos Recipe (step by step)
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube