Q: What is rabdi malpua?
Rabdi malpua is a popular Indian dessert that consists of deep-fr
ied sweet pancakes (malpua) served with a thick, sweetened milk sauce (rabdi). It is a decadent and delicious dessert often served during special occasions and festivals.
Q: What are the key ingredients required to make rabdi malpua?
The main ingredients required to make rabdi malpua include all-purpose flour, milk powder, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, baking powder, sugar, milk, ghee or oil for frying, full-fat milk, and chopped nuts (optional).
Q: How do I make the malpua batter?
To make the malpua batter, you need to combine all-purpose flour, milk powder, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, baking powder, sugar, and milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk the mixture until the batter is smooth and has a pouring consistency.
Q: How do I make the rabdi?
To make the rabdi, you need to heat full-fat milk in a heavy-bottomed pan until it reduces to about half of its original quantity. Then, add sugar and cardamom powder to the milk and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Q: Can I make rabdi malpua in advance?
Yes, you can make rabdi malpua in advance. However, it is recommended to fry the malpua and prepare the rabdi separately and assemble them just before serving to ensure that the malpua stays crispy.
Q: How should I serve rabdi malpua?
You can serve rabdi malpua warm or chilled, depending on your preference. Garnish the dish with chopped nuts like almonds, pistachios, or cashews to add a crunch and extra flavor.
Congratulations! You have successfully prepared the heavenly Rabdi Malpua, a delightful Indian dessert that is sure to impress your family and friends. The combination of rich Rabdi and sweet Malpua is a match made in dessert heaven, leaving a lasting impression on anyone who takes a bite.
Remember, the key to perfecting this dessert lies in using high-quality ingredients and exercising patience during the cooking process. So, the next time you crave a sweet treat, indulge in the goodness of Rabdi Malpua.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk powder
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
ghee or oil for frying
1-liter full-fat milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp chopped nuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, milk powder, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, baking powder, and sugar. Mix well.
- Gradually add the milk to the mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth and has a pouring consistency.
- Heat ghee or oil in a shallow pan. Once the oil is hot, pour small amounts of the batter into the pan to make small pancakes. Fry the malpua on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the malpua from the pan and place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- To make the rabdi, pour the milk into a heavy-bottomed pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the milk simmer until it thickens and reduces to about half of its original quantity. Stir the milk occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the milk has been reduced, add the sugar and cardamom powder to it and stir well. Let the mixture simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- To assemble the dish, place the malpua on a serving dish and pour the rabdi over it. Garnish with chopped nuts, if desired. Serve warm or chilled.
- Enjoy your delicious Rabdi Malpua!
- Use full-fat milk for both the rabdi and the malpua batter to get a rich and creamy texture.
- While making the rabdi, stir the milk occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.