One of the greatest ways to have your most significant meal of the day and start your day in less than 30 minutes is with a rava uttapam dish.
This is one of my favorite and healthy recipe, love this so much. It is so simple to make but taste so amazing, just calls for simple ingredients.
Semolina (sooji, rava), curd, chopped vegetables, and spices are combined in this recipe for bachelor or novice cooks, and the batter is then used to make thick, shallow-fried pancakes called uttapams.
This is one of my favorite and healthy recipes, love this so much. It is so simple to make but tastes so amazing, just calls for simple ingredients.
Ingredients of rava uttapam
- 1 cup Rava (semolina}
- 1/4 cup Thick sour Curd
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Capsicum
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- Curry Leaves – a sprig chopped finely
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
Instructions for rava uttapam
- Take sooji, curd, and water in a bowl and make it into a smooth batter. Set aside for 10 mins.
- The batter is going to be thick now. Make it into a thick, smooth batter with a pourable consistency by adding more water.
Add onion, capsicum, tomato, green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves, and 1 teaspoon of oil to the batter.
- Mix thoroughly, then recheck the consistency. (Rava/semolina absorbs water over time; as a result, the batter thickens over time.) If more water is necessary, add it and combine thoroughly to achieve a thick consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tawa, and wipe it with some oiled tissue paper.
- A ladle full of batter (about 1/2 cup) should be poured over a medium-hot tawa. Spread the batter into a circle using the ladle.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil around the edge.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the top surface transforms from white to off-white and the bottom side turns light brown.
- Flip it again and cook for 30-seconds. Transfer it to a plate.
- serve with chutney or sauce
Tips and Variations:
- For variation, sprinkle mixed vegetables over the top surface after spreading the batter instead of mixing them with the batter
- Mild crispy on the outside and edges and soft and fluffy inside.
Serve your favorite coconut chutney or idli podi with south Indian rava uttapams for breakfast. Additionally, it goes well with tea or coffee.