Ingredients for the red velvet cake recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (300g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 450g full-fat block cream cheese,
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter at room temperature (340g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 ½ pounds confectioners sugar
Instructions for Red velvet cake recipe
- Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Three 6-inch cake pans should be butter and flour.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda into a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter on medium speed in a sizable mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium for about 3 minutes, until sugar is added and the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat each egg until thoroughly mixed before adding the next one. the vanilla afterward.
- The butter mixture should be sifted with cocoa powder added, then mixed quickly. Scrape the bowl clean.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix together the buttermilk, vinegar, and red food coloring.
- Half of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk mixture should be added to the mixing bowl and mixed briefly while the mixer is running at low speed. Repeat with the remaining buttermilk and flour. Every so often, pause and scrape down the basin. Incorporate the batter into the pans as desired.
- 30 to 35 minutes in the oven, or until the centers bounce back when touched. When finished, transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling for a total of roughly 10 minutes.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together on medium speed for about 3 minutes in a sizable mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Beat till mixed after adding the salt and vanilla. The confectioner’s sugar should be sifted into a big bowl.
- The sugar is added to the butter mixture gradually while the mixer is running at low speed. Every so often, pause and scrape down the basin. Increase the speed to medium and beat for about a minute, or until fluffy. Add a cup or so of frosting to a piping bag fitted with a pretty tip.
For the Assembly:
- Put a layer of cake on a serving dish or cake stand. On top of the cake, smear roughly 1/2 cup of frosting. Repeat with the icing and add another layer of cake. Add the last cake layer on top, covering the top and sides with the remaining frosting.
- To level the cake, use an offset spatula or bench scraper. On top of the cake, pipe any kind of artistic border you like. For about an hour, or until the icing is set, chill the cake.
- When assembling the layers, be cautious because the cake is quite delicate.
- To get rid of any lumps, be careful to sift the dry ingredients. The crumb of the cake will remain delicate and airy as a result.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30-60 minutes before slicing. This helps the cake hold its shape when cutting.
Also read: Fruit Cake Recipe
follow us on instagram, facebook and youtube