A spicy fish fry recipe in Tawa is called tawa fish fry. The recipe for the fish fry is flavorful and spicy. This fish fry is delicious and simple to make. Every non-vegetarian enjoys fish fries. It is among the simple non-vegetarian meals for fish lovers. It is the ideal side dish for rice or chapati.
This is the best masala fish recipe where we need to marinate the coated masala fish pieces and then shallow fry them until they turn soft and crisp.
If the fish is too big then, the taste of the fish is not satisfactory though the recipe is made perfectly. The fish selected should be tasty, like murrel, surmai, seer, etc.
fish is marinated with a hint of traditional spices like garam masala powder, lemon, coriander leaves, and also mint leaves and then pan-fried. The besan and onion adhering to the fish pieces crisp them up and the lemon imparts a nice tangy flavor to this appetizer. This fish fry has an earthy flavor because of garam masala, green chili, and garlic.
Ingredients for tawa fish fry
- 5 Fish (pieces)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Garam masala powder
- 1/2 finely chopped Onion
- 1 teaspoon Gram flour (besan)
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, chopped
- salt as per taste
- 2-3 teaspoon water
- 3 tablespoon oil for shallow frying
Instructions for tawa fish fry
- Take fish pieces, wash them well under running water, apply some salt and turmeric to the fish pieces and rest it for a few minutes.
- After, make deep slashes in it.
- In a blender, onions, and gram flour together with a little water and make a thick paste.
- Now take all the fish pieces in a wide mixing bowl.
- Add the made paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, Lemon juice, cumin powder, garam masala powder, Pepper powder, salt as per taste, and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix all the spices well.
- Add very little water if needed and make it into a thick paste.
- Make sure that fish pieces are coated properly with this mixture.
- Leave this to marinate for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a Tawa.
- Place the fish pieces carefully and cook them for 5 minutes.
- Now flip over and cook on high heat for 5 more mins.
- Each side should be shallow fried well on low to medium flame.
- Take the fish pieces out. Similarly, fry the rest of the pieces.
- Tasty fish Tawa fry is ready to serve.
Tips and variations
- To get a perfect fried fish it approximately requires 15 minutes for both sides to be fried well.
- Add more spices according to your taste.
- Rest it for at least 30 minutes before frying.
- Marinating the fish in the refrigerator too is a good idea for the masala to go deep inside and give a delicious taste
- To get a crispy flavor deep-frying is highly preferred. To get the texture soft and juicy shallow frying is a better option and is highly followed by most of those who regularly use fish.
- Which fish to use for frying?
In India, there are many varieties of fresh fish that are easily available. They range from Murrel, Pomfret, Kingfish, Surmai, etc… Some are boneless and some are with bones. Any fish that is fresh tastes best.
In International countries, fishes such as catfish, pomfret, Tuna, Tilapia, and Salmon are commonly available which also can be used to fry fish.
- Does pre-made fish masala arrive?
Yes, there are a variety of ready-to-use fish masalas available for purchase that may be used to shallow-fried or deep fry fish for a tasty result. Applying homemade masala on fish is also simple to do.
You Might Also Like: