The Veg Pulao recipe is a one-pot rice dish prepared on the stovetop or in an Instant Pot pressure cooker using rice, a variety of veggies, and gently spiced. Serve it with papad, pickles, and raita. There are numerous ways to prepare a pulao.
This is a simple recipe that may be served as an everyday meal or at a dinner party. To make a vegetarian pulao, rice, vegetables, or protein are cooked in a single pot with aromatics such as onions, garlic, ginger, and so on. There are several different ways to make pulao.
In order to create vegetable pulao, I primarily use aged basmati rice. It also works with other aromatic, non-sticky rice kinds.
Ingredients for veg pulao recipe
- 1 Cup basmati rice
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-star anise
- 4 green cardamom (elaichi)
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ Cup cashews
- 1 Cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 green chili, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 ¼ Cup water
vegetables for pulao
- 1 Cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ Cup potato, diced
- ¼ Cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ Cup carrot, diced
- ¼ Cup green beans, diced
Instructions for veg pulao recipe
- Basmati rice should be water-rinsed. Spend 30 minutes soaking in 2 cups of water.
- Gather the water from the soaking rice in a bowl. Colander the rice after it has been soaked.
- The instant pot’s SAUTE mode should be set for 20 minutes. To the inner pot, add ghee.
- Once the timer has been set and the ghee has cooked, add whole spices like cumin seeds. For 10 to 20 seconds, saute to unleash the flavor.
- Additionally, cashews need to be included and sautéed for 20 seconds.
- include diced onion The onions should be fried until they are brown and caramelized. Takes five minutes. They must be stirred continuously to avoid burning.
- Red chili powder, tomato, salt, and ginger-garlic paste should be added. Cook them for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the tomatoes are mushy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to the inner saucepan if the masala sticks there during sauteeing.
- As soon as the timer goes off, add the vegetables and grains that have been soaked. This process contributes to flavor development.
- Garam masala, mint leaves, green chile, and water are then combined once more. Close the instant pot’s lid. The steam valve should be in the SEALING position. Cook under pressure for 5 minutes. After the cooking period is through, allow the steam to escape freely.
Serve the hot vegetable pulao with papadum, salad, and ghee.
- Use coconut oil or groundnut oil in place of ghee to make a vegan pulao.
- For cooking pulao, use long-grain, less starchy white rice, such as basmati.
- You can also use Biryani Masala in place of garam masala. It gives the pulao a delightfully rich flavor.
- 1 cup of basmati rice and 1.25 cups of water. I can always make fluffy, non-sticky vegetable pulao in a pressure cooker with this ratio of rice to water.
- This vegetarian pulao has to cook for two whistles on medium heat in a conventional stovetop pressure cooker.
You Might Also Like:
- Paneer do pyaza recipe
- Mushroom Pakoda recipe
- chicken chatpata recipe
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Paneer Dum Biryani Recipe
- Aloo paneer paratha recipe